• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC 7000 HM-151 mic cable problem !

VU3PYG

Mar 8, 2009
Dear All,

I have a problem with the coiled cable of HM-151, Cracks started forming along the cable and the black sheath started coming out. Very strange, i did not expect this with ICOM.
Does anyone know where i can get a replacement from ?

Thank you,
VU3PYG,
Cherry

Same problem with the mic lead on my IC7000, however it hasn't got to a bad state yet so I'll hold off buying a replacement, there's copious amounts of tape to go through before I splash the cash :D

Hello, Cherry.

I believe the mic cable is double end modular cable which is easly replaced....

Same problem with the mic lead on my IC7000, however it hasn't got to a bad state yet so I'll hold off buying a replacement, there's copious amounts of tape to go through before I splash the cash :D

Did you try eBay ?
Next I would suggest phoning 'calling' icom. I am sure they would be more than happy to link u to a site...try hamcity.com or hro

Hello, Cherry.

I believe the mic cable is double end modular cable which is easly replaced....

But STUPID expensive from Icom... Over $50 for a coiled cord with RJ45's on either end?

Mine's "sprung" (stretched) and I've yet to find a replacement for a reasonable price. I think I may try ordering one of the $20 (delivered) Icom mics from Hong Kong on Ebay, just to take the cord off of it.

But STUPID expensive from Icom... Over $50 for a coiled cord with RJ45's on either end?

Mine's "sprung" (stretched) and I've yet to find a replacement for a reasonable price. I think I may try ordering one of the $20 (delivered) Icom mics from Hong Kong on Ebay, just to take the cord off of it.

Thats exactly what id do. I didnt mention a china mic because of the hardcore hams who just have to have the $80 cord ! Hihi

I had sent that seller a message a while ago asking if it was indeed a double ended RJ45 cord as pictured, but never did get a reply. The same pic also shows an ICOM logo on the back, but I seriously doubt that what they're shipping is an ICOM part...

I just rolled the $15 dice and ordered one, so I'll report back on the cable when it arrives. Stand by to stand by...

HM-133

HM133

PIN1 + 8VOLT OUTPUT ( 10 ma max )
PIN2 UP/DOWN
PIN3 + 8VOLTS IN ( No connection IC2100H )
PIN4 PTT
PIN5 MIC GROUND
PIN6 MIC
PIN7 GROUND/EARTH
PIN8 DATA IN ( No connection IC2100H )

HM-151

HM151

PIN1 + 8VOLT OUTPUT ( 10 ma max )
PIN2 UP/DOWN
PIN3 + 8VOLTS SW
PIN4 PTT
PIN5 MIC GROUND
PIN6 MIC
PIN7 GROUND/EARTH
PIN8 DATA IN

They both look the same

On the HM-133 pin1 is on the far left and pin8 on the far right

On the HM-151 it is opposite, BUT, the connector is upside down.

I would think they are the same based on that

Either way, it does not matter since you are only using the cord.

The only thing I would do is make a note of your current RJ-45 connectors and make sure as they sit side by side the wires are matched (SAME COLOR) at both ends.

Here is an extra cord I have from a Yaesu FT-817

If you look, the colors are the same left to right so it is not a crossover cord. If the Icom is the same, non crossover, then any non crossover cord will work, even a short ethernet cable.

~mica.jpg~micb.jpg

Well the mic linked above showed up from China today...

Not only is it a double RJ45, but they're wired the same at each end as mentioned above, AND it came with a genuine (I think) "Made in Japan" Icom HM-133 mic.

(y)

Problem solved...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.