• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ic-7000 mods

Thanks KingCobra_CDX882,

Do you have one? I am saving my pennies and hope to have one by fall this year. got to get a part time job though. HA HA HA.

Roger

Yes i do

I have 706 MKIIG moded
as well as IC-7000 moded

also have T90A and THF6A moded

plus lots of stuff unmoded

SR385 said:
Be careful....SMT is easy to overheat and screw up.

Its most easy if you have two soldering irons, because you can heat both sides at the same time and pick the part off quickly.

TV in the car?!? dangerous :)

They have forked irons...but I just quickly add solder to both sides, quickly, and then quickly swap the iron from side to side in a quick motion, leaving the iron on each side for only a second. With the quick motion, it only takes a about three times on each side for the part to slide off. Then I usually let the part stand up on one of the pads so the part is there ready to be put back on if desired.

OK, Finaly got the nerve to do this. question, can I jus use a very sharp pointed scalpel blade and very carfully cut the one side of the solder and lift that side very carfully up just a tade. I cant or dont want to use a solder iron as I am afraid,But it looks like I could do it by cutting it.

What do you all think????

Use a fine tipped iron and a solder pump or wick, I would recommend not cutting into it, you could damage a trace that you might want to use later.

Frankly, I've regretted opening a few radios as it's very easy to forget what frequency you are on during say a scan and keying up by accident...something to consider.

Reactions: Turbo T
Got it done. works except am listening is not so good. SSB is another story, much better.

I dont understand one thing. When a stronger station comes in on AM and the s meter goes up like to 7 throu 60 the meter takes its time going back slow and if another station comes in they are hard to hear and slowly get louder as the meter goes slowly back to zero. It dont do this on SSB JUSTAM.

Any ideas what it could be? maybe settings on am side of things. It wont do it on the ham bands.

Roger

Try adjusting the AGC?

Also, did you do the TV mod? I was going to do the TV mod but I thought since TV is going digital next February it would be useless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated