• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-7200 still working like a champ :)

jdobbs2001

Mar 20, 2012
Getting good contacts up north, (NC etc..) on ch 38 LSB with 102 inch whip barefoot and SM-20 deskmike.

Anyhow this radio cuts through the QRM on 38LSB due to its clean low IMD signal :)

NR level 4
NB level 29
and you get signals out of the mud, plus no listening fatigue. Squelch works nicely with those settings.

100% duty cycle and in florida heat.
Getting lots of good reports up north running this setup.
It seems ICOM is out of stock of these bricks and whats left in inventory is whats left. Gigaparts is out of stock for now.

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7200/IC7200_QSTReview.pdf

Last edited:

A local (about 10 mi away) has one and really likes it. We chat on 10 from time to time....sounds good. I joke with him by asking if his is camouflage or blaze orange lol

LOL I have seen one of those, they are bright as hell. It looks like ICOM has discontinued the IC-7200, makes sense they were blowing them out for 800 dollars.

I make lots of contacts with it, From Miami I was reaching Nevada Lake Mead national park no problems. Giving them 7pounds on 38LSB and good audio.

The cool thing is all the interfering fighting features, I get rid of the nasties with the notch filter and twin PBT's

Definately a radio you can pass down to the heirs. :)

i have the 7200 and the 7410, I do like the 7200 and it is a good rig, but the 7410 is better at everything the 7200 does,, but the 7410 is 2x the price of the 7200 and 2x the size.

the 7200 is built tough and small in size, has a military look to it and meant to be out in the elements, great for field days / camping

the 7200 is built tough and small in size, has a military look to it and meant to be out in the elements, great for field days / camping
I would like to have one for THAT reason. Would love to have a rugged hf rig to take on camping/fishing trips. Makes more sense than dragging along the kenwood ts 2k. A 7200 will have to wait not in the budget right now. Any extra cash is going toward my summer tower project(y)(y)

Reactions: binrat
i have the 7200 and the 7410, I do like the 7200 and it is a good rig, but the 7410 is better at everything the 7200 does,, but the 7410 is 2x the price of the 7200 and 2x the size.

Yeah the 7410 is a great radio, I am looking at getting one myself for permanent base use and then use the 7200 for field and mobile use.

But you can't beat the little 7200 for 800 bucks it's a big step above the Galaxy etc..

Btw how does the noise reduction etc.. Sound compared to the 7200 and the recieve in general.

And reporting the IC-7200 still works like a champ :) Even in a temp field setup using a Sirio performer 5000 mobile and not the best SWR (1.5-2.0). getting reports of good clean AM audio with no splatter etc.. and solid signal.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.