• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ic-7300 full tx unlock mars mod

Dec 11, 2014
Arizona
See my video or look at the pics

20200824_035958.jpg
Screenshot_20200824-035720_YouTube.jpg

I did my two Icom 7300 transceivers exactly that way about three years ago, and all has been just fine.
Yes, I dont know why others over complicate it on YouTube. You dont need to add solder to lift up one end of a surface mount device. Lol

Reactions: Ranch55
I just lifted one end, easily reversible.
Good deal. Enjoy your radio it will go wherever you want it and it can sound pretty good on AM as well. The bandscope edges are adjustable so if you want to see out of band you'll need to adjust them for say 11m .

Yes, I dont know why others over complicate it on YouTube. You dont need to add solder to lift up one end of a surface mount device. Lol
As a former military radio service tech who worked in engineering for nearly 20 years with a MIL-SPEC soldering certification, I will explain the PURE LOGIC of ADDING MORE SOLDER before de-soldering and removing ANY component; ESPECIALLY an SMT/SMD component on ultra delicate circuit traces. The days of manufacturers using lower melting point "leaded" solders are LONG GONE. By flowing in some lower melting point solder (preferably old school LEADED 60/40 or 63/37 rosin core), you have just effectively LOWERED the melting point of ANY newer technology "lead free" solder joint. This makes it VERY EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that you will ever LIFT A CIRCUIT TRACE when lifting the component!! I have 2 fully functional SMD/SMT rework stations with precision tip irons, hot tweezers and variable heat guns. Yet STILL...I would NEVER EVEN ATTEMPT to LIFT a surface mount diode in any modern HF rig without first flowing in some old school KESTER 60/40 ROSIN CORE solder. Can you even imagine lifting a circuit trace in a nice HF transceiver like the IC-7300?!!! I simply WILL NOT RISK doing that. Not when just one very quick and simple extra step is about 99% guaranteed to PREVENT it from ever happening!!! EXPERIENCE teaches one to utilize TRIED, TESTED and TRUE preventative measures......KB1BBY/Scott

Last edited:
You have obviously never experienced the misfortune of a LIFTED CIRCUIT PAD OR TRACE in a valuable yet delicate piece of electronic gear! As a former military radio service tech who worked in engineering for nearly 20 years with a MIL-SPEC soldering certification, I will explain the PURE LOGIC of ADDING MORE SOLDER before de-soldering and removing ANY component; ESPECIALLY an SMT/SMD component on ultra delicate circuit traces. The days of manufacturers using lower melting point "leaded" solders are LONG GONE. By flowing in some lower melting point solder (preferably old school LEADED 60/40 or 63/37 rosin core), you have just effectively LOWERED the melting point of ANY newer technology "lead free" solder joint. This makes it VERY EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that you will ever LIFT A CIRCUIT PAD/TRACE when lifting the component!! I have 2 fully functional SMD/SMT rework stations with precision tip irons, hot tweezers and variable heat guns. Yet STILL...I would NEVER EVEN ATTEMPT to LIFT a surface mount diode in any modern HF rig without first flowing in some old school KESTER 60/40 ROSIN CORE solder. Can you even imagine lifting a circuit pad/trace in a nice HF transceiver like the IC-7300?!!! I simply WILL NOT RISK doing that. Not when just one very quick and simple extra step is about 99% guaranteed to PREVENT it from ever happening!!! EXPERIENCE teaches one to utilize TRIED, TESTED and TRUE preventative measures that just WORK VERY WELL......KB1BBY/Scott

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated