• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-737 drift on SSB problems.

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
Well I just passed the test for my Technician License last week and I bought a Icom 737 and just my luck it does not work right on SSB. When on SSB it will act like frequency is jumping. When I tune everyone in with rit and pbt till they are clear after a few transmits people will go micky mouse or donald duck sounding on my receive .I can readjust them in using Rit and pbt buttons till they sound clear but will keep doing it. When it does it the people also say it is doing same thing on my transmit . The frequency display shows no change. Help please I bought it to use on 10 meters. It works fantastic on just am but I did not buy it for that!! Also the frequency display lights do not work how to fix them also please.

Reactions: Rwb

I took radio apart and checked all i could check but there was a board not completely seated and pushed it in very little bit. Next thing i did was accidentally dropped radio but i swear it seems to be working way better not drifting as much and now usable. The frequency lights still out but you have to take to much apart and unsolder some things to get to replace them i will find someone else to do that repair. Still a work in process but i am using it on 10 meters now at least.

Reactions: Rwb and Mudfoot
Woody 202 i have not found any information even on how to change bulbs but took face off and seen more than i wanted to do right now, I just shine a light for right now till i get more information.

Called Icom today and they told me no parts availability on this radio so they do not repair them anymore. Bummer this radio really works great on am but just goes off frequency 3-6 times in a hr on 10 meter USB or LSB. I will use it as is until i can afford to buy a ham radio to replace it. Thanks guys for your help on this site you are always helpful.

Well I just passed the test for my Technician License last week and I bought a Icom 737 and just my luck it does not work right on SSB. When on SSB it will act like frequency is jumping. When I tune everyone in with rit and pbt till they are clear after a few transmits people will go micky mouse or donald duck sounding on my receive .I can readjust them in using Rit and pbt buttons till they sound clear but will keep doing it. When it does it the people also say it is doing same thing on my transmit . The frequency display shows no change. Help please I bought it to use on 10 meters. It works fantastic on just am but I did not buy it for that!! Also the frequency display lights do not work how to fix them also please.
congrats on gettin your ticket,sorry you got a drifter. Least you hear em on 10 meters. At my house 10 is dead quiet

http://sarts1.com/

SAR Technical Services, Inc.

1792 Nash Dr.

St. Joseph, MI 49085

269-429-2334
email: sarts@qtm.net

Call Matt and ask him if he will work on it.
(maybe that's who you called but if he won't work on it no one will)
He will not have time to answer a bunch of questions on phone but give him the situation and see.
Tough to get service on a radio 25+ years old!
Most certainly if PLL issues.

Reactions: Jimbo165

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.