• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom 2200H

park

Sep 30, 2006
Near Austin, TX
I was talking on my 2200H last night and it just stopped transmitting ? All the mic buttons work but not the PTT ? When I press the PTT you can hear the switch clicking but no indication of transmitting what so ever, I did a full CPU re-set with no luck anyone ever have this happen ?

Reading my troubleshooter for the 2100h there is a simular problem if your "time-out" timer is activated. Other than that not sure.

I had the same problem with both of my HM-133V mic's, I open up my mic and checked to see if the Micro switch would work if I pushed it with my finger to transmit,, It worked fine so I folded some paper and put it into the groove in the PTT button, this pushed the switch in just fine,, don't add too much paper because it will keep the mic keyed up,, this is a design error that Icom should be addressing and fix the next batch coming off the assembly line, this problem has been around for several years now.
http://www.icomamerica.com/support/forums/tm.asp?m=3708

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.