• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM 2730D TX expansion mod help.

ad1329

Sep 18, 2017
Would appreciate any help here. I have the icom IC-2730D and would like to expand the TX range. it currently has a range of upto 440Mhz that is standard. I have also looked up forums mentioning to remove the D307 and D315 diode, which should solve my problem . Unfortunately the unit I have doesn't have these diods similar to the 2730 and 2730A and am currently lost. Any help right now would be appreciated.

20170918_113259.jpg

Have you seen this?
http://radioaficion.com/cms/ic-2730-mod-frequency-expansion/

Edit; I think that is rx only, my bad.
Yes i have. Unfortunately i dont have the mentioned diods to begin with. Im thinking of removing the 2 diods that are currently there. But i dont know the consequences of this. I dont have the service manual as well. I have asked icom japan for this. I have seen some online videos that there arent any diods in any/all of those slots.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated