• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom 751 not 751A

2315 Robert

Grateful
May 28, 2016
Central Coast CA
I have an Icom 751 that has signs of modding for 11m(white wire). I have plenty of CB's to talk on 11m. I am looking to get it put back right. There is no AM TX power but it does(tiny bit of mod.) TX on SSB is operational but not full power to spec. Worth my time or not? Pulled the covers and I cannot even find where the memory battery is. It is like a Home Depot in there compared to what I am used to looking at. Rows and rows of stuff. Yes I searched. Found AM transmit warbly and so forth. Nothing with no TX. I know the 751 did not have the improvements of the 751A.

Last edited:

Kop sent me the 751A manual. Took the covers off a a screw dropped out now I have to go to SOCAL for a few weeks. That screw must have been making a junction. It does now TX on AM however, it sounds like I am on sideband. Alignment due. Only thing that gives me pause is the 751A manual actually for the 751. Mr. Calrson has a video dedicated to this wish me luck. Was so happy when it was TX'ing on am to key and adjust the roller tuner. HF on a poperrs budget is crazy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.