• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-7000 receive problem?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Normally when i use my VFO to scroll through frequency's the sound is smooth. Today/Now, I have notice when every digit turns it cuts out.... sorta sounds like a playing card through the spokes of a bicycle....the faster you spin the vfo knob the faster it makes that "tick" noise weird.. Any ideas on whats going on, Maybe a setting was changed by accident?

Did you slide the VFO tension adjustment to click mode?

Look at the little black tab to the right of the VFO knob that slides to adjust the tension, it has a click mode as well.

Page i-2 and i-3 of the manual

vfotension.jpg

Normally when i use my VFO to scroll through frequency's the sound is smooth. Today/Now, I have notice when every digit turns it cuts out.... sorta sounds like a playing card through the spokes of a bicycle....the faster you spin the vfo knob the faster it makes that "tick" noise weird.. Any ideas on whats going on, Maybe a setting was changed by accident?

Did you slide the VFO tension adjustment to click mode?

Look at the little black tab to the right of the VFO knob that slides to adjust the tension, it has a click mode as well.

Page i-2 and i-3 of the manual

View attachment 6802

I know about that. No its coming from the speaker.... I'll make a video of it this afternoon. Its really bad on AM & FM.

Are you tuning VFO A or B, or are you tuning a memory bank?

I'm interested myself. I haven't had that happen with my IC7000 yet.

I just checked this morning and from 21MHz down to 30KHz its rough. Between 22MHz and 440MHz its smooth and doesn't do it? here is a video listen carefully:

I will have to post link after it uploads please stand by
@KC9Q i have always used VFO A never bothered using VFO B.

plug in some headphones and use the MONI selection ,............ does it still make the noise in the headfones?

Hook your rig to a battery and shut off your mains to rule out RFI within your shack.

the noise is an INTERNAL noise generated by the VFO multipler or possibly the marker generator ...

unless is has the CB,........ err,.............. Mars mod and the band pass filters are 'effed up

Reactions: 1 person
the noise is an INTERNAL noise generated by the VFO multipler or possibly the marker generator ...

unless is has the CB,........ err,.............. Mars mod and the band pass filters are 'effed up

Does indeed have the mars mod, but i have never transmitted there.
does nto have the TV mod.

how do bandpass filter break?
Why does this only happen on HF and not 12 meters and above?
I will also add i have noticed when i turn the radio on the external speaker makes an annoying POP sound, and when headphones are plugged in the POP is so loud you cant have the headphones on! the power supply is pushing a steady 14.3VDC. when i get home ill try the rig on a battery and shut all the power off in the house. This really sucks because i dont abuse or misuse this radio.

Okay just tryied it with headphones and it sounds much worse and it seems 20m shows the worse clipping. I also tried it on a battery and it still does it so I dont know what is up.

Have you considered trying a full reset?

Page 25 of the manual

View attachment 6809

Before I do that, I have a cable since I use the radio via H.R.D. Can I back up my programmed frequency's some how ? I don't have any software and it would really help to get freeware....cause I have a feeling im going to be slapped in the face by icom with a huge repair bill.

do you have it hooked up to a computer for CAT control ? if so that is where my money is. crap i just read you above post.. disconnect your CI-V control line.

do you have it hooked up to a computer for CAT control ? if so that is where my money is. crap i just read you above post.. disconnect your CI-V control line.

Woa the reply woke me up. Let me try it right now. I did forget to unplug that cable.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.