• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-730 high SWR+ Other issues

Top pick is the PA and bottom shows the ACC board J8 orange wire that I’m not sure we’re it goes on the PA unit

ic730.jpg

Found it...J8 is used ONLY IF OPTIONAL TRV (transverter unit) is installed and then would connect to P3 of the transverter unit
So since I don’t have the TRV it looks like that orange wire from J8 on the ACC board would go to P5 on the PA Board but I can’t find P5 location?

Attachments

• EB402546-7141-4198-97E7-31E8AA6EF9FF.jpeg
    EB402546-7141-4198-97E7-31E8AA6EF9FF.jpeg
    570.4 KB · Views: 115
Yes tough sometimes...when trying to look at a problem...Hard to look at without ALL info in your face.

Sometimes even a "slightly" different version of the same manual, makes it more difficult.
Line changes at factory. while units are in production, manual updates etc. can make it really hard to track down an issue.

I have several manuals here on one radio I own (Kenwood TS-130SE), there are changes in boards, and components just depends on the SS# and production dates on the boards themselves:mad:

Glad you tracked it down!!!
Keep going over those details in the alignment on the SWR protection circuits. I seen several places where the circuit description has L15 (on the Filter board) as the last adjustment before the antenna terminal.
There are however other points where that circuit is calibrated prior to that stage.
Those circuits can be very tricky.

The KW-TS-130+(S) or (SE) I referenced above, has just that. Factory had it set to trip at 1.5:1 VSWR(shuts off the transmitter totally)... Even 1.3 to 1.4:1 would cause the power to fold back! PITA trying to line it up even with a stable dummy load.
I finally figured out you can't use even what you thought is a good 100 watt dummy load, as they could heat and change even after a few seconds.
I finally figured out it was best to use my old (circa 1944) desktop NAVY 400 watt dummy load, to line those up with.:love::rolleyes::LOL:
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated