• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-7410 export radio arrives. Its long, its heavy.

I have the icom 7410 also and really enjoy the radio, eham rates it at 4.7 out of 5,,, I read the first 2 pages and couldn't find anything bad

There was an issue with ALC spikes like the 590 had and I believe a P.A. issue. This maybe a past issue now. You would have to read back a couple pages to find them.

I read this a couple years ago before I purchased my 590. I did consider the 7410 radio along with the Yaesu 950 at the time.

I hope your radio works well for you and maybe we might cross paths on the bands.

Reactions: camaro1
This is all like a Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge debate. People like different cars and HF rigs, and it's all subjective. jdobbs, it's your rig, your money, and your time. If you want to listen to CB with your HF rig, knock yourself out. :) Maybe I'll catch you on the bands sometime.

Brett

There was an issue with ALC spikes like the 590 had and I believe a P.A. issue. This maybe a past issue now. You would have to read back a couple pages to find them.

I read this a couple years ago before I purchased my 590. I did consider the 7410 radio along with the Yaesu 950 at the time.

I hope your radio works well for you and maybe we might cross paths on the bands.

The issues with the 7410 has been corrected as of serial number 2002073
This is all like a Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge debate. People like different cars and HF rigs, and it's all subjective. jdobbs, it's your rig, your money, and your time. If you want to listen to CB with your HF rig, knock yourself out. :) Maybe I'll catch you on the bands sometime.

Brett

Thanks. The ALC issues etc.. have been corrected on the ICOMS from serial 2002073 and up.

Its a great radio, lots of QRM fighting tools as well, notch filter is really good. I like the filter characteristics. I use the notch filter with pbt to surgically remove an offending SSB station causing QRM.

I like the 10khz filter for AM SWL listening, it definitely sounds real nice with the built in speaker and the wide 10khz filter.

been kicking the tires and its a solid radio. Amazing what you get for 1575 dollars (IC-7410 and 2 filters)

The menus and radio interface is very intuitive I did not even have to crack open the manual :)

In the Icom line I would say the IC-7410 is the best bang for the buck selection.

Hey Mudfoot,

You are like a modern day liberal, make a bold statement then run for cover so it can't be challenged...at least you didn't respond with "ooooh pleeeease" or will that be your next response?

Thanks. The ALC issues etc.. have been corrected on the ICOMS from serial 2002073 and up.

Glads to hear Icom addressed this issue. But I hope they did a firmware fix or some other free service for the owners of the earlier models.

Thanks to the idiots on EHam as Mudfoot calls them for posting reviews on this radio, I decided not to purchase this radio at the time after learning about some of the design flaws that some of the reviewers posted that this radio had.

I wonder what other problems the idiots on EHam have encountered with other radio equipment?

Last edited:
Just because eham says a radio is good, doesn't mean it is. 90% of eham reviewers are idiots.

most issues with e-ham origionate with the owner, he will not allow a negative review of "certain" brands, perhaps because they are advertizers on his site.

negative reviews are often deleted from his site.

comments made by reviewers are altered and made to appear that the poster said them, when in fact the site owner changed them.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...9oH4Dg&usg=AFQjCNGZA4OxxwONVazgbVSOWklwv12R6w

here are comments made by actual posters on that site about their comments being altered/deleted.

The comments about the reviews on Eham are pretty accurate. In it's smallest form they are the same as any user reviews.....biased and for the most part inexperienced. When you have a ham of only 2 months evaluating an FT DX3000 on his G5RV you have to take it with a grain of salt. When user reviews actually make good comparisons to other gear they have owned over the years they tend to be a bit more accurate. I use Eham as a general guideline to get a feel of what something is like and for any issues I should look for more intently however I always use several more sites before making up my mind.

Reactions: fourstringburn

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.