• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM M700 PRO Radio?

SIX-SHOOTER

ICOM CENTRAL.7610,9100,PW-1,HEIL FIN & HEIL PR-781
Oct 2, 2010
Macclenny,Fla.
I just purchased an ICOM M700 PRO a few days ago & I am looking for others who may have owned or used one of these radios. It's a real BEAST of a radio at 25lbs & it requires 13.6 volts at 30 amps for operation at full power. The one I purchased has been opened up so it talks everywhere that it hears. It puts out 150 watts Plus on 160 -12 meters on SSB & CW & about 75 watts PEP on AM. On 10 & 11 meters it puts out 60 Plus watts on SSB & CW & about 50 watts PEP on AM. It has a 9 pin power cord unlike any other ICOM I have ever seen. It also comes with an ICOM EM-101 hand microphone & it has an 8 pin microphone plug that is unlike any other ICOM microphone I have ever seen. I'm looking for information to wire my ICOM SM-8 desk microphone to the radio & hopefully the Up & Down buttons will also work along with the PTT. I find very little information about the radio other than a couple of YouTube videos & most of them are in languages that I don't understand so they are pretty much Useless to me. If you can help me Please send me a message in the group or reply to this post. Thanks much & God Bless. I don't currently have any pictures of the radio loaded into my laptop so I will try & transfer a couple from my phone to the laptop even though there are a lot of pictures on the radio online. Thanks much for any assistance & God Bless.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

Reactions: Rwb

I just purchased an ICOM M700 PRO a few days ago & I am looking for others who may have owned or used one of these radios. It's a real BEAST of a radio at 25lbs & it requires 13.6 volts at 30 amps for operation at full power. The one I purchased has been opened up so it talks everywhere that it hears. It puts out 150 watts Plus on 160 -12 meters on SSB & CW & about 75 watts PEP on AM. On 10 & 11 meters it puts out 60 Plus watts on SSB & CW & about 50 watts PEP on AM. It has a 9 pin power cord unlike any other ICOM I have ever seen. It also comes with an ICOM EM-101 hand microphone & it has an 8 pin microphone plug that is unlike any other ICOM microphone I have ever seen. I'm looking for information to wire my ICOM SM-8 desk microphone to the radio & hopefully the Up & Down buttons will also work along with the PTT. I find very little information about the radio other than a couple of YouTube videos & most of them are in languages that I don't understand so they are pretty much Useless to me. If you can help me Please send me a message in the group or reply to this post. Thanks much & God Bless. I don't currently have any pictures of the radio loaded into my laptop so I will try & transfer a couple from my phone to the laptop even though there are a lot of pictures on the radio online. Thanks much for any assistance & God Bless.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520
So, a sea-worthy rig. Pretty interesting, Six Shooter... I have never seen one of these. I'll be watching for updates.

Brett

I have the wiring diagram for the radio & SM-8 but the radio does not use the customary 8 volts on any pin as with most all ICOM radios that I can tell. The hand microphone does not need that voltage so maybe that's why? I believe the SM-8 would need that voltage for the amplifier board & it does not have a place for adding a battery? I'm not sure if I will be keeping the M700 PRO since I already have the ICOM 7600 & ICOM 9100 on my main operating position desk but it is a very simple radio to operate & it for sure puts out a Big signal. I believe I could get $550 for it with ease & it would be a great deal for someone wanting a Serious HF Radio.

I have the wiring diagram for the radio & SM-8 but the radio does not use the customary 8 volts on any pin as with most all ICOM radios that I can tell. The hand microphone does not need that voltage so maybe that's why? I believe the SM-8 would need that voltage for the amplifier board & it does not have a place for adding a battery? I'm not sure if I will be keeping the M700 PRO since I already have the ICOM 7600 & ICOM 9100 on my main operating position desk but it is a very simple radio to operate & it for sure puts out a Big signal. I believe I could get $550 for it with ease & it would be a great deal for someone wanting a Serious HF Radio.
Icom lists the HM44 with that rig as an accessory on the website products. I'll be darned if I can find anything on that mic's wiring, though.

Brett

I've owned a couple of the marine rigs. The big benefit is most are built for 100% duty cycle for sending email etc so they are very robust radios.

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
I have too. And yes, 100% duty cycle plus they ARE built like an absolute tank
I have never seen any Amateur Radio built to the Quality of this radio. The case slides off in One solid piece after removing the screws from the rear of the case. The control knobs & buttons are better quality as well. Also the mounting bracket is much heavier & much better & thicker metal used as well as the mounting knobs used to attach it to the radio. I know all of this is due to the radios being built for boats & ships but the difference is Very Big. When it says 150 watts they are talking 150 watts or more with ease so that 30 amps is a must. I have never seen any Amateur Radio that put out that much power on AM.

Reactions: groundwire
I have never seen any Amateur Radio built to the Quality of this radio. The case slides off in One solid piece after removing the screws from the rear of the case. The control knobs & buttons are better quality as well. Also the mounting bracket is much heavier & much better & thicker metal used as well as the mounting knobs used to attach it to the radio. I know all of this is due to the radios being built for boats & ships but the difference is Very Big. When it says 150 watts they are talking 150 watts or more with ease so that 30 amps is a must. I have never seen any Amateur Radio that put out that much power on AM.
I had a friend who wired a TUG9 D-104 for me for the M700 PRO or M710 and it sounded Terrible on both radios.I tried many different heads and all were terrible so everyone will not waste their time or money in the future.

Reactions: USXDriver

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.