• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

icom v 8000,need a few parts

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
was in local pawn shop.owner is a good friend.
i took him some .223 casings as he reloads .223. he said i got you an as is where is radio. i gave him $10.worth .223 casings for that v 8000.
it was badly in need of cleaning.smoker owned it n it was nicotine cummed up.used a lot of cleaner n got it working n lost smoke smell.
the fan was bad,got it cured but need a squelch pot n volume pot . both work but you have to pull on them to adjust
if anybody has a v 8000 thats bad let me know.
i talked to a friend last nite on simplex .he lives 45 miles from me.hooked to my tram 1481b he said i was hitting him hard with a very clear voice. said it sure sounds nice what is the radio? i replied v 8000 n he said DONT GET RID OF IT

68 views not 1 comment. must be best damm radio built aye slackers?

Reactions: NightThumper
It’s a damn good radio for sure. Although the shell casings are a valuable commodity you made a great trade for sure. Congrats…now that someone has commented go have your morning JO…Enjoy your day sir. Also call a tow truck and tell them SlowMover is in a rut and can’t free himself…side mics rule…ahahahaha. Bring a big dragon wagon…he’s the one in either a t680 or 379 Pete

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
It’s a damn good radio for sure. Although the shell casings are a valuable commodity you made a great trade for sure. Congrats…now that someone has commented go have your morning JO…Enjoy your day sir. Also call a tow truck and tell them SlowMover is in a rut and can’t free himself…side mics rule…ahahahaha. Bring a big dragon wagon…he’s the one in either a t680 or 379 Pete
rather than a large tow truck,how about a military tank remover? or better yet a bed truck like i drove in the oil patch? just flip my 5th wheel up n hook a 5 axle oil field float on n drag his truck n wagon on n haul him away?

Last edited:
Reactions: NightThumper

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.