• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ideal Minimum Antenna Height

My A99 is almost a flat 1:1, not too much spread between 1 and 40 on the CB dial. I had a A99 back around 1989, I used it mounted about 12' off the ground on the side of the house. The one I have in the tree gets me pure solid modulation in the canyons where I live. I can get up the canyon to my water source or I can go cut wood or ride horse and just take my hand held. I have talked to Southern Ca. and as far as Mississippi when the skip is in. Getting the antenna the highest spot I can give me the coverage I need. I can talk to Eureka Ca. which is about 30 air miles away but it is faint. When I get my beam up I should have cleaner transmit and receive. I only have 2 contacts on the coast but if I need help and the cell won't work then it is the radio is what will get me there.

164 northern cal , Wow ! From reading your post it sounds like you are living the life ! Are you totally off grid ? When I heard " Water source " it makes me think of that . My friend has a system like that in Northern Maine , his well is gravity fed from the top of the mountain behind his log cabin . Here I go totally off track on a thread ! Oh well that's me ! Just your life sounds interesting .(y):)

164 northern cal , Wow ! From reading your post it sounds like you are living the life ! Are you totally off grid ? When I heard " Water source " it makes me think of that . My friend has a system like that in Northern Maine , his well is gravity fed from the top of the mountain behind his log cabin . Here I go totally off track on a thread ! Oh well that's me ! Just your life sounds interesting .(y):)

I am totally off grid for 38-1/2 years. I get my water from a creek that has dried up as of the 21st of June of this year. It does most years but this is going bad I just installed 3- 2,500 gal. storage tanks to give me 8,500 gal. total water supply.I am in Northern California on an Indian Reservation. The drought is still here. If I had not installed the 3 new tanks I would have been hauling water since the later part of June. Yes GODS land for sure. But we have been inundated with arson fires so it keeps us all on our feet. I am going to try the ham tech test and possible general also. I have very limited cell reception so I rely on the CB radio. When the logging trucks are not running I monitor ch. 9. I am remote and have helped several folks over the years using the cb. We live on the family ranch. We has solor and a diesel generator, but not in the beginning. We only had oil lamps and a cb base radio and a 12 volt TV set. I have many radios now and do build my own antennas. The bad thing is our world is not getting safer. So the CB is still good thing to have.

164Nc , you've been living the life most people dream about , but I know it not an easy life . Every year it seems the fires get worse ! Many years ago , Me ? Maybe , But I'm to old and spoiled now , though still quite self sufficient ( Hunt , Fish and Gather ) but not like you ! Keep it up ! 73 and God Bless ,Leo(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated