• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IF Shift question

That's neat way to describe how it works. I have found with my new-to-me TS830, using a combination of IF shift, PBT, and notch filter really cleans people's signals up and makes them sound great.

And singularity35, I've also found that despite the fact most guys are running newer rigs, they all receive differently. I play on 40 meters with a bunch of audio guys, and they all have differing opinions as to what sounds best through their headphones or monitor. I'd make sure you are aligned via WWV (which should be in your manual... but I never use those things. ;) If it's off as little as you say, it's probably not worth messing with for sending it in for alignment.

Brett

Thank you for the reply. I get audio reports that say intelligibility is very good but that it's stock mike quality and I should get something(behringer console is most often recommended) to make my audio more bassy. I used to sweat that but I said to myself, they don't seem to have any difficulty understanding me.

Reactions: 2RT307 and wavrider
You don't want to be too bassy. It gers hard to make out on the air. Try the switch on tbe back of the mic. It changes the frequency response. Also turn the mic EQ on in the menu settings and make some adjustments there. That can make a huge difference.

Reactions: Singularity35
You don't want to be too bassy. It gers hard to make out on the air. Try the switch on tbe back of the mic. It changes the frequency response. Also turn the mic EQ on in the menu settings and make some adjustments there. That can make a huge difference.

I've played with the settings Cap, and there's already a huge difference from the default settings. I have a naturally high voice and that probably is a factor. I do hear some guys with very nice audio but they have a few things between the mouth and the radio. At the moment, what they do seems too fussy to me and besides I don't have an extra radio yet to listen to myself, if I do get an outboard EQ and other stuff. I am saving up to get another radio(uh oh, here we go again). Always happens in any hobby I try, I get to wanting pre-need replacements. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.