• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

If you were a pirate broadcaster, what's playing right now?

Been thinking about rush and progressive rock and in all honesty if I were to begin broadcasting a pirate radio station with a progressive rock theme.. I would begin with what I believe is the finest example of a prog band song. I remember hearing this when it came out and it blew my f ing mind. Its a little long but worth a listen if you've never heard it. The amount of time and effort (time signatures) that went into these movements is insane. Enjoy

Good stuff, no doubt about it.
Of course a prog rock pirate station would be very remiss if it didn't play these guys:

Reactions: 357magnum
I actually met those guys once, back in the '80s. They were in town for a concert and I saw them in one of those stores that sell martial arts stuff, nunchucks etc. Recognized them and spoke, and they asked me where they could get a drink so I took them to a bar (I don't drink any more btw). I remember the young woman who was bartending carded them, then said "Hey, you're from California!" They just laughed.

Ok i just have to call you classic rockers out on this one.

NO self respecting pirate radio station would play ANY song that gets played in constant rotation on the classic rock radio stations.
this is SACRILEGE on pirate radio.

Shart Dressed Man? (no typos here)
you have to be kidding me.
I'm 20 years younger than a lot of you guys and i have heard this song 10 times as much as i ever wanted to.
don't get me wrong, great band, bad ass playing, great stage presence, and amazing ability to play around with a song, but this is pirate radio, not FM corporate radio.

IMO pirate radio is for deep cuts, and B sides, as well as stuff so obscure/ offensive that they would never let it on the official airwaves.

Im talking about stuff like "Broken hearts are for A$$holes" by Dr. Zappa, or "July Morning" by Uriah Heep, and stuff like that.

just sayin'
LC

Ok i just have to call you classic rockers out on this one.

NO self respecting pirate radio station would play ANY song that gets played in constant rotation on the classic rock radio stations.
this is SACRILEGE on pirate radio.

Shart Dressed Man? (no typos here)
you have to be kidding me.
I'm 20 years younger than a lot of you guys and i have heard this song 10 times as much as i ever wanted to.
don't get me wrong, great band, bad ass playing, great stage presence, and amazing ability to play around with a song, but this is pirate radio, not FM corporate radio.

IMO pirate radio is for deep cuts, and B sides, as well as stuff so obscure/ offensive that they would never let it on the official airwaves.

Im talking about stuff like "Broken hearts are for A$$holes" by Dr. Zappa, or "July Morning" by Uriah Heep, and stuff like that.

just sayin'
LC

Sounds like you run a Pirate station. :sneaky:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.