• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

If you've owned an Icom rig has it ever had to be repaired?

Has your Icom ever failed and needed repairs?

• Total voters
Newer ICOM stuff is always breaking. A few Engineer's in the Radio world will tell you numerous reasons why and problems with alot lof their rigs.

My ICOM 718 has been back as the power gradually dropped from 100 watts (around) to 50 watts on all bands when using CW. They said they replaced a couple of diodes as it did seem better when it was returned. However after just one week it started to lose power again. I am not going to bother sending it back, nor will I get another ICOM.:mad:
Jon G4FUT

I understand the frustration but saying you will never buy another brand because of one problem is a bit of an overreaction.It sounds like the problem is with the service department and not so much the actual product itself. I would not have any gear if I had that attitude. I curently own Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu gear but my first Icom purchase, a 2m mobile, blew the VHF power output module. My first Yaesu developed a problem with the 6m section and my first Kenwood (THG-71A) needed the keypad replaced. I have since bought something from all of them again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.