• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'll be glad when its over...

The Jerk

May 6, 2008
Reading, PA
...when the solar cycle is gone and the bands are quiet...and I no longer have to listen to the doofus's trying to talk skip on channel 19 when they know that's the main channel the drivers use...

That is all.

:D

...when the solar cycle is gone and the bands are quiet...and I no longer have to listen to the doofus's trying to talk skip on channel 19 when they know that's the main channel the drivers use...

That is all.

:D

I have more local traffic than necessary to keep me occupied...

Well I guess when the cycle winds down in a few years you will have all the local doofus's to listen to then. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
See, I guess everyone is different...

I've done the DX thing, not my cup of tea...yeah, I've made contacts all over the US, and to Grenada and Jamaica; its not like it didn't work out. It lost its fidazzle for me after a few weeks.

I'd much rather be able to talk real time, direct to someone without wondering when I'm going to "lose conditions." Whether that be a local, or a driver...

Reactions: 1 person
That is the great thing about radio, there is something for everyone. I remember my CB days, if the band was closed my radio was off. I never enjoyed talking to the locals (most were AH's). I am still somewhat this way on the ham bands but I enjoy talking to the locals on the way to and from work on 440 but my real passion is contesting and working DX.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated