• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

illegal base station

Off the top of my head, it sounds like a salesman 'poo-pooing' CB base station radios because they don't carry them. If they suddenly decided to stock those type radios, I'd bet their story changes very rapidly. This is a sort of common ploy of salesmen. Comparing something they don't have unfavorably with something they do have. You'd think that they would at least use a plausible 'line', wouldn't you? Those not so plausible ones always 'bite' you in the long run. Wonder what else they use that type of story on? Makes me have 'doubts' about them, which isn't good for business.
- 'Doc

Since I've never done business with them, and this is the only thing I've heard about them, I sort'a figure I won't be doing business with them.

I do have to say it does sound crazy that they would actually tell a potential customer they are illegal unless they only carry mobiles . Strange I must say:confused:

Off the top of my head, it sounds like a salesman 'poo-pooing' CB base station radios because they don't carry them. If they suddenly decided to stock those type radios, I'd bet their story changes very rapidly. This is a sort of common ploy of salesmen. Comparing something they don't have unfavorably with something they do have. You'd think that they would at least use a plausible 'line', wouldn't you? Those not so plausible ones always 'bite' you in the long run. Wonder what else they use that type of story on? Makes me have 'doubts' about them, which isn't good for business.
- 'Doc

Since I've never done business with them, and this is the only thing I've heard about them, I sort'a figure I won't be doing business with them.

Doc-
I've done a lot of biz with R&L over the years and never had a problem. I'm fairly certain Megatron/Galvatron/Bandit mis-interpreted what he was told. Just my $.02, FWIW.

PA629,
That's certainly possible, and I have no way of knowing since I haven't had any dealings with them. I'm not 'downing' R&L intentionally, but just on the face of it, it does sound like a mistake or an excuse. Doesn't it?
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.