• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Im Getting it up!! My Will-Burt 60' Pneumatic telescoping mast

Seriously. Once in a lifetime. Weld it down and insure it.

This one needs 2 new collars and i havent tried to find those yet. Im afraid if they arent available they will be close to $1k each. The unit was free to me and i think i have $200 in it so im not sweating it. Ill find a trailer to put it on and build some telescoping outriggers with jacks.

They're expensive even used, about $10-$15k but keep an eye out for these units in old news vans. Sometimes you can get it all for a better price. Will Burt told me this is a one of because it's a locker and its 60' and they only made one or two that reached 60' in 1996.
This one was close to $20k new back then.
I need to level it up a little better and ill take it up another section.
That is an awesome piece of equipment right there. You might want to make some kind of concrete base to bolt it down to before you go any higher.

Dang, that’s really cool. Would love one on the bumper mount with a delta loop on top...and I have the onboard air to run it :)

Pretty cool the low pressure requirements.

Can’t imagine it would be terribly difficult to rebuild, either. Can almost guarantee the answers in here somewhere!!

A89C97B5-EC7C-4689-BCB0-8394F4A86519.jpeg

Dang, that’s really cool. Would love one on the bumper mount with a delta loop on top...and I have the onboard air to run it :)

Pretty cool the low pressure requirements.

Can’t imagine it would be terribly difficult to rebuild, either. Can almost guarantee the answers in here somewhere!!

View attachment 38368
There are smaller more portable units made. Will-Burt is a 100 year old employee owned company. Their products arent cheap but very well made. One might use some of the product info on their site to find used units. https://www.willburt.com/products/

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.