• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm in need of a schematic for a Cobra 19+ with a C5121 PLL

No doubt working on a CB isn't as simple as a AM standard broadcast radio where the listening frequency is basically determined by a variable capacitor, a CB is a little like a FM radio in some ways but totally different in most ways as it works by modulating the amplitude not the frequency. I was glad to see the 2 radios I was working on come to life after doing some soldering but I didn't learn much as how the circuits work and the path I was on thinking the 10.24 was dead wasn't even the right path to be taking but I really in the dark on how the PLL worked. I ordered some cheap radios on ebay (a lot of 9 all the same model) to play around with and when I get one that won't transmit or receive and its not a solder issue, what you sent above will be a great help, also I assume then if a radio has had someone get inside it with a screwdriver they can make it not transmit or receive and not have any parts bad in the radio. I've watched a number of vids on youtube in the last few days when I've had free time and it seems most on there either won't receive or won't transmit and not all that many had no transmit or receive. After reading what you sent some of this is starting to make scene, (notice I said SOME) and its not really as complex as it looks just looking at a schematic and not knowing what is supposed to do what. Once again thanks for taking the time to send what you did above

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.