• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Im sick of cb shops

wheelman918

Nov 22, 2014
Ive spent alot of money lately to purchase another good high power radio and what a buncha crap things have drastically changed since ive messed with radios ( still havent got a radio spent over 500 bucks) got my old trusty 148f gtl thats better than ANY galaxy radio anyways and with my little texas star 2 2879 pill box its all i need anyways, that will beat any turd galaxy 959 with a crappy magnum 350 power case i dont care if it is made and signed by buck rodgers himself.

Reactions: Oatmeal and hotrod

Ive spent alot of money lately to purchase another good high power radio and what a buncha crap things have drastically changed since ive messed with radios ( still havent got a radio spent over 500 bucks) got my old trusty 148f gtl thats better than ANY galaxy radio anyways and with my little texas star 2 2879 pill box its all i need anyways, that will beat any turd galaxy 959 with a crappy magnum 350 power case i dont care if it is made and signed by buck rodgers himself.

This is true. The important thing is that you've learned what some never will. A quality radio and an external amp vs 10 lbs of poo in a 5 lb bag.

This is true. The important thing is that you've learned what some never will. A quality radio and an external amp vs 10 lbs of poo in a 5 lb bag.
thats right my friend my old 148f gtl and a texas star beats a polished turd rolled in hightech sprinkles any day of the week lol

soo true I have a cobra 148 gtl and Uniden Washington and both are better than any big black box dual mosfet Galaxy connex radio ever....
galaxy is a truckstop splatter box they do throw power, but you cant talk to someone unless u can hear them,

wonder how people would feel if we keep pushing cb in the ham radio threads…
some of us have our ticket and some don't want one … thats like the 10th time I've seen that guy post that in the cb section…. no offense guy, let it go

soo true I have a cobra 148 gtl and Uniden Washington and both are better than any big black box dual mosfet Galaxy connex radio ever....
thats right my friend my old 148f gtl and a texas star beats a polished turd rolled in hightech sprinkles any day of the week lol
can you put video on here? well once i contacted paypal he answered me 10 min later (been Emailing and calling for 3 weeks) said it would ship mon or tue next week. Then i get an email this morning "oh i might have messed up did you want blue or red" To me it seems if someone is willing to pay that kind of money for a radio you would atleast communicate with them as to what they want, this has been
wonder how people would feel if we keep pushing cb in the ham radio threads…
some of us have our ticket and some don't want one … thats like the 10th time I've seen that guy post that in the cb section…. no offense guy, let it go
so thats what he meant, getting a ham lic? "aint the license on the bumper man?"lol

Reactions: medic18d
can you put video on here? well once i contacted paypal he answered me 10 min later (been Emailing and calling for 3 weeks) said it would ship mon or tue next week. Then i get an email this morning "oh i might have messed up did you want blue or red" To me it seems if someone is willing to pay that kind of money for a radio you would atleast communicate with them as to what they want, this has been

so thats what he meant, getting a ham lic? "aint the license on the bumper man?"lol
i hope he dont patrol am 19 stupid channel being "radio etiquette police"lol

I looked on LesComms site today and it said wait times for custom radios is 18-20weeks. WOW!! Did you not see that when you placed your order? Or has it been longer than that?

I've waited up to two weeks for one channel board from LessComm, but it was stated that "the boards are built when ordered", as are the radios, and "if you can't wait, buy somewhere else". But every board ive ever bought from him was flawless. Quality over quantity maybe?

Good techs are in high demand these days. Shops like dtb radio and bells cb have piles of radios to work on, requiring weeks of wait time to the customer. Think about it, you order a radio with all that work done to it, and the guy says "ill throw that thing together and have it shipped out tomorrow" I'd be a little leary.

All I'm saying is, don't be pissed at cb shops because of impatients, not knowing the quality of their work. After all, YOU ordered the $500 radio with the bells, whistles and sprinkles on top.:whistle:

Reactions: wheelman918
I looked on LesComms site today and it said wait times for custom radios is 18-20weeks. WOW!! Did you not see that when you placed your order? Or has it been longer than that?

I've waited up to two weeks for one channel board from LessComm, but it was stated that "the boards are built when ordered", as are the radios, and "if you can't wait, buy somewhere else". But every board ive ever bought from him was flawless. Quality over quantity maybe?

Good techs are in high demand these days. Shops like dtb radio and bells cb have piles of radios to work on, requiring weeks of wait time to the customer. Think about it, you order a radio with all that work done to it, and the guy says "ill throw that thing together and have it shipped out tomorrow" I'd be a little leary.

All I'm saying is, don't be pissed at cb shops because of impatients, not knowing the quality of their work. After all, YOU ordered the $500 radio with the bells, whistles and sprinkles on top.:whistle:
oh yes i agree totally i have been waiting he had the color of the display wrong and wouldnt answer till it was red, i dont want the guy to have to go back and solder all that for blue so its red thats no biggy yes you have to wait i may get mine next week galaxy 959 custom 5304 board recieve shottkee upgrade and an sx 350 power cabinet, im not thrilled its a 959 i just hope the recieve works well and he converted the 959 to dual final too forgot about that, if i dont like the recieve it will be immediately for sale so id have a new lescomm 959 sx 350 custom for sale with no wait other than shipping

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.