• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm the Latest FNG

Retro

Dec 26, 2015
I just wanted to post a topic to introduce myself. Name is Marcus, handle is Retro, DX number is 323. I was directed here by 777. I met him on 39 LSB and we jaw jacked for quite a while so I thought I'd stop by and see if I could both learn something and maybe contribute a little something back to the CB radio community.

I run 3 Cobra 148 GTLs, one in the house with a Solarcon A-99, one in my truck with a 102 inch whip, and one in my wife's car with a Wilson 1000 magnet mount.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.

First off welcome to the forum, much great info floating around here!! You must have been talking to Exit13 about 12-1am or so?? I spoke with him briefly this early morning at about 1am or so on 39lsb as well. Again, Glad to have you aboard! Enjoy the forum and post up some pics of your station. I like to see other base setups. This is 222 Daytona Beach, FL. Operator Sean.
73 and God Bless and Happy Holidays!!

At any rate FNG! Thought I heard you calling CQ and speaking with 777, or Exit13 as he goes by here. Was on myself enjoying the DX!! Just made contact with 242 in NY a couple of minutes ago on 38lsb. Conditions should be great for us here anyway around the east coast of FL!! Been hearing up north from VA out west to Idaho and Iowa. Wild conditions we have been having. And it's a full moon!! Anyway. Have a good one and hopefully I can make contact with you on air. Have a great morning and happy DX'ing!!

First off welcome to the forum, much great info floating around here!! You must have been talking to Exit13 about 12-1am or so?? I spoke with him briefly this early morning at about 1am or so on 39lsb as well. Again, Glad to have you aboard! Enjoy the forum and post up some pics of your station. I like to see other base setups. This is 222 Daytona Beach, FL. Operator Sean.
73 and God Bless and Happy Holidays!!
I recognize your username from another CB radio forum (CB Junkies maybe?). I don't remember exactly, but I know that username.

Anyway yeah it was Exit Thirteen, I think about 0200 EST.

Cobra 148 GTL, Solarcon A-99 with the highest point about 41 feet high. The hand-held to the left of my radio is my police scanner (connected to a power cord and external antenna). The block behind the lamp is a small 12 volt battery for powering the radio in the event of a power outage so we can still use the radios for emergency communication. I like the Cobra external speaker because the Workman speaker I had before was crap and would vibrate/rattle even at low volumes when deep voiced people would come over the air. The table wraps on around and has miscellaneous items like baggies of PL-259 connectors, solder, coax seal/electrical tape, blah blah blah.
IMG_20151226_040131.jpg

I've got a YouTube video of my antenna setup here:

The video is a year or so old and I've since replaced the coax with DX Engineering brand with the black UV resistant outer coating because that gray stuff cracked when I took the antenna down for maintenance once. When I replaced the coax I zip tied it to the pole so it wasn't just dangling there, plus I ran/protected it under the floor and drilled a hole against the wall under my radio desk and fed it through there instead of through the window so I could close my window. I am also planning on replacing the steel roofing bolt with a proper copper grounding rod, but in the interim, for a better electrical connection, I replaced the rusty muffler strap stuff with a spare pair of vice grips to clamp the ground wire to the rod and covered the connection area in dielectric grease.

Yes I do use the same user name on cbjunkies. Most likely where you saw it at. I heard both you and exit13 speaking this early AM apparently! Again, glad to have you aboard and this is a much much better forum vs the other mentioned above which seems to have lost a lot of interest. The DX cycle is slowing closing and the contacts on 11m will end up being locals mostly and some occasional DX I suppose. Nothing like years past though. At any rate you have a great day and enjoy that DX while you can!!!

Good to have you on board, boss! I think you'll learn a lot here by just thumbing thru the CB threads and such. Don't be afraid to post and ask questions... plenty of good people here.

~Cheers~

I just wanted to post a topic to introduce myself. Name is Marcus, handle is Retro, DX number is 323. I was directed here by 777. I met him on 39 LSB and we jaw jacked for quite a while so I thought I'd stop by and see if I could both learn something and maybe contribute a little something back to the CB radio community.

I run 3 Cobra 148 GTLs, one in the house with a Solarcon A-99, one in my truck with a 102 inch whip, and one in my wife's car with a Wilson 1000 magnet mount.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.
Welcome. This is definitely the place to advise, and be advised. 73 s

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.