• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax 2000 install

injunear

Apr 2, 2014
I just received a Imax 2000, having problems with the install I have power line on two side's of my house I want to go up 20' but don't want the 2000 getting into the line's when the wind kicks up. What do you guy's think about 10' with a ground plane kit? Any suggestions welcome thanks

Welcome to the forum.

If you can get it up above the electric wires, as high above as you can get it.

Benefits are less noise that may be received by the antenna being the same height as the electric wires, less of a chance for TVI RFI when you transmit.

Use an RF choke ( ugly balun) at the feed point of that I2K to try and prevent and CMC.

Thanks for your input I been out of the radio thing for about 10 years or so like starting over. Hard to teach old dog new tricks

max 2k

I have a max 2k too with the ground plane kit it does very good on tx and rx no tvi at all even when I run a 6 tube amp at 1k watts with it it does as good as most 5/8 antennas on the market

I've used mine before on a 4ft high speaker tripod. The lower height affects the distance locally but will have little effect for DXing.

Reactions: 1 person
I just received a Imax 2000, having problems with the install I have power line on two side's of my house I want to go up 20' but don't want the 2000 getting into the line's when the wind kicks up. What do you guy's think about 10' with a ground plane kit? Any suggestions welcome thanks

I can report about the same, but at my location with surrounding structures typically at about 18' feet in height, not including trees, I find if I can get the base of my verticals above this 18' feet...my local responses are dramatically improved.

I sense a strong attenuation of local receive signals when I set the base below this height.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.