• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax 2000 lovers, please share your DX Stories HERE!

Snake_Eyes

Oct 16, 2005
I am going to put up an Imax 2000 next week. In anticipation for this event, I would love to hear how many watts you use to talk skip and how often you get to do so, when you try.

Thanks,
Snake Eyes

imax 2000

Ihav ea Imax 2000 stacke on top of a 3element maco on the horizonila and i had about 800 watts going out of it bu ti know they will hanlde alot more . I talked all over the world with the imax 2000 .It's the best fiberglass antenna on the marked

Yeah, I've read here that the Imax 2000's do pretty good horizonally as well... I wish I could put up a beam, however LOL.

Snake Eyes

Well Snake_Eyes, I will have to go against the grain on this one.

2 months ago I put one up (30') and have not thought very much of it's performance.
I can remember back many years ago when I was using the Astro Plane and it could hear lots farther local than this 2000 can (I am still in the same spot now as I was back then too).

The 2000 is down now and when the time is right - I 10k from Jay will be the next one.

I think the Maco 5/8's is actually a better antenna, but, that's just from what I heard.

But the Maco 5 is still up for the long stuff and that's all that really matters I guess.

Have a good day
-----------
DXman

DXman said:

2 months ago I put one up (30') and have not thought very much of it's performance.
I can remember back many years ago when I was using the Astro Plane and it could hear lots farther local than this 2000 can (I am still in the same spot now as I was back then too).

The 2000 is down now and when the time is right - I 10k from Jay will be the next one.

I think the Maco 5/8's is actually a better antenna, but, that's just from what I heard.

But the Maco 5 is still up for the long stuff and that's all that really matters I guess.

Have a good day
-----------
DXman

DXMan was the imax 30' at the tip or the base of the antenna

well

many people here know me from the past few years...

i did very well with my old A-99 antenna..
talked all over the world with it..

tried my friends Imax 2000 and it was no better...

then got jay's I-10k
and
i know i never had a better 11 meter vertical..
i hear so much further with Jay's I-10K
i talk so much further there is no comparison..
i even many times have had people ask me what kind of beam i was using...

only beams i have are for
2 meter
1.25 meter
70 cm

as far as maco 5/8 wave being better then Jay's I-10K

sorry...

just ask those who have used both..
no comparison...

yeah Yeah....Jay's I-10K is a little pricy
not when you consider how much you would need spend to use a linear or amp to gain same beinifits..
heck use Jay's I-10K with a amp and really get out...

i have managed 500 mile contacts without skip talking I-10K to another I-10K..
radiating angle on I-10K destroys any other vertical i know of..

well just thought i would give my 2 cents..

Imax-2000 is ok but only OK

as far as those maco beams..
no big deal about those..
want a good beam and can both aford to spend a bit
as well as have the space for a big beam..
try on from steppir..no one has a HF beam that does as well
unless they stacking 2 or 4 other beams

Later all

DXman said:

Have a good day
-----------
DXman

the I10k and maco 5/8 both have radials for ground plane wich IMO makes a huge difference in the Imax2000.

anyone wanting a Imax2000 if you can aford it get the groundplane kit for your imax. or save to get one as soon as possible if you dont have the GPK-1 kit for yours now you will hear the difference.

Quote: KingCobra-

sorry...

no comparison.

I did not mean to refer that the Maco 5/8's was better than the I-10K, what I mean was that I had heard that it is better than the 2000.
-----------
DXman

DXman said:
Quote: KingCobra-

sorry...

no comparison.
I did not mean to refer that the Maco 5/8's was better than the I-10K, what I mean was that I had heard that it is better than the 2000.

DXman

oh i knew what you meant was just saying the imax will perform alot better with the GP kit onit and be closer performance wise to maco and the I10k.

of course I10k is better no questions there :)

imax 2000

I got my imax 72 fett at the tip of the whip and i have knwo problem getting out , I'm also at sea level too maybe tha tmakes a big difference

Location, Location, Location I have my Imax 2000 up on a 30' mast, it is grounded to a 9' grounding rod and i also grounded it to my well. Today I talked to Idaho, Colorado, Texas & Alabama, I live in the SF Bay area on the flat lands and get out great, I have herd my base for 60 miles away barefoot!
So i think location has alot to do with it also.

IMHO I really like this antenna, It is not too abtrusive so the neighbors do not complain.

Have fun
Jerry

Imax 2000

The I-10k is a great antenna no doubt about it . The MAco beams do perform really good they just gotta be tuned and spaced right . My beam is about almost 40ft in the air on the flat side and i can work stations around the world on low power and still get good radio reports. So I'm happy with my set-up for now

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.