• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IMAX 2000 or A-99 on a fishing boat

Jun 13, 2020
This is on a fishing boat out on the open ocean. Antenna Heights are not an issue. High Wind, boat pitching and snapping, Salt baths are. I have had both and preferred the 2000, talks a lot better (AM use) and a lot less noise than the A-99 (horrible noise) but that was an old school, proper length antenna
I am curious about this 12” addition, how it secures, will it hold up, etc. any feedback??

Open ocean? Whoa, very rough environment. i think the i max would fold eventually. Antron 99 just plain sucks in my opinion. Although it is shorter and fiberglass so it would probably hold up better. Personally i would shop around the commercial antenna market first. Thay are quality built for the intended application. Cb radio antennas are cheap and built that way. Hence the price. Go commercial

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.