• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In search of Palomar SL41

So you’re one guy buying one or two and he gives you all that information, meanwhile the wholesalers that buys large quantities can’t get any response? Interesting.
It might have something to do with the fact I was respectful towards him and I didn't speak in a condescending manner, and I told him how much I enjoyed using his microphone.
Maybe you guys don't have the right phone number or something.
Try calling him and see what he says.

I’m not a wholesaler. I haven’t tried to talk directly to him. I only want some of them to sell in my shop, for me personally I have absolutely no use for that mic, that or any other power mic for that reason, don’t need one. But it’s not about me, it’s about the consumer and what they want.

Reactions: NZ8N
You can’t pass on gifts, you take them and act like you have some home training and be humble and appreciative. Would I have use for it? Probably not. Would I sell it or possibly regift it, yes.

Well I wouldn’t because I have no use for such. For what little talking I do, that would only get in the way. I guess you’re one of those guys that would have to buy some exotic sports car if you won the lottery. I wouldn’t. I have no use for that crap either, nor do I need a million dollar home.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you need to or have to.

Last edited:
That would be wasteful. That's not me.

And unless you have a ham ticket and really nice station, that mic is wasteful, useless and pointless strapped to an Anytone or Ranger chassis radio on 11 meters. And in my opinion unless you’re running a big and expensive ham rig, it wouldn’t be properly utilized even for a ham.

My opinion on the SL41, opinion, is it’s useless. If you have a properly tuned radio, I see no reason to run a power mic. That is my opinion and certainly doesn’t make it right or proper.

With that said, it’s a nice novelty and that’s my reason for wanting one, I like to collect crap that is basically useless to me and takes up space.

I don't generally use power mics either but if a mic has a better audio response I wouldn't hold the fact that it's a power mic against it, you can always turn the power down.

In comparisons that I've heard the SL41 sounds enough like the old RK56 to make it a good alternative now that the new RK56's are crap, just turn down the power.

Forget the Neumann u-87, if someone offered you an Astatic 575 would you turn it down?

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I don't generally use power mics either but if a mic has a better audio response I wouldn't hold the fact that it's a power mic against it, you can always turn the power down.

In comparisons that I've heard the SL41 sounds enough like the old RK56 to make it a good alternative now that the new RK56's are crap, just turn down the power.

Forget the Neumann u-87, if someone offered you an Astatic 575 would you turn it down?

No I would accept that gladly and only because for some odd reason they seem to be very expensive and highly desired. I don't see the fascination with them personally. I wouldn't turn anything down that someone offered me, certainly not to their face because that's rude and I was brought up a bit better than that. I'd like to have one of the 575's just to see what all the fuss is about...

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.