• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In your opinion.....

I'm having great success and am enjoying the Imax 2000. Simple 5/8 vertical at 24 feet long. Easy assembly and perfect SWR from the box. Very quiet on receive. S meter sits on zero all the time when no propagation or atmospheric noise is present. I am using the ground plane kit with it but it's not necessary. Didn't try it without the kit first so I have no comparison, but it can only help and can't hurt.

Good luck

2nd the IMAX.
For $100 w/o the ground plane kit, I have NO complaints whatsoever.
When conditions are present, I've talked to Alaska, Canada, all over the US, Trinidad, Sao Paolo Brazil, New Zealand, and Australia, and Hawaii from the central California coast. Works on 10 meters/Ham band equally well too. Gonna put the ground plane kit on it after I put up the Gizmotchy beam in a day or so.

it depends on your budget .....
if youve only got a very few dollars a home made wire dipole will fill the bill .
if youve only got about $60 a starduster copy will do . a home made wire copy of the starduster can be made for about $10 with pvc pipe and wire .
if youve only got $100 the maco 58 will make things happen .
if youve got $150ish the LW-150 is said to be better than a 5/8 .
if youve got $350 and live in a area with very strong winds , the likely hood of very strong storms , hurricanes and such as well as very heavy accumulations of snow and ice then jays i10k will be cheaper in the long run ..... after youve replaced a few cheaper/less sturdly constructed antennas .

i have a chance to buy a all new and improved sirio lw-150 for $150 shiiped i know the transmit on those are very very good, but what about the receive??

Dan

its my understanding and experience that the better a antenna does one the better it does the other ........... when it is properly tuned to the band its being transmitted on .

theres several very good threads on this forum about the sigma 4 , vector 4000 , LW-150 antennas . a few very smart cookies (IMO) say they are the best performing CB omnis ever made . i was gonna get one , but decided i wanted to homebrew an antenna .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.