• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Information on Icom IC-735

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I know these are older but I had one offered to me with original Box Astron 20 amp power supply and bird 43 power meter for trade of my Texas Star 1600.

Im not sure as to this particular Icom and how its being that old would make a difference or how much difference

I have the complete manual for a IC-735 on cd if you want it, I don't have the radio anymore and don't need it. just let me know. you can reply here or pm me.

skipper1

The 735 is a good radio, they are built like a tank and work very well.

I had an Icom IC-735 for many years until I sold it and bought a Yaesu FT-857. I wish I still had the Icom. The receiver in that was triple conversion and was bullet proof.Although they are getting fairly old,ones that were well kept for still offer great value. My 735 always gave me great audio reports and the receiver worked great in heavy QRM.

Hey QRN thanks for the reply this radio apparently is in its original box and as I said the guy has a astron 20 amp supply and a bird 43 he will throw in for my texas star 1600 with fan kit and remote head kit I was also offered a Kenwood TS-450 with the internal tuner thats inreally good shape.

I was really wanting to swap for a bigger or near legal limit hf amplifier I have alot of hf rigs now but I would still get more use out of another HF rig than an ampl,ifier I cant really use so I been taking this all into consideration. Ive never owned an Icom and own basically Yaesu and Kenwood but have never owned a 450 Kenwood Ive programmed one for a friend but thats about it I never really ran it or any ts-450.

What do you think as far as the se options I see bird meters are not to badly priced on Ebay and I found a peak reading kit made by another company for $65.00 insteadf of $165.00 through trueline.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.