• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

information

Kevin 84

Dec 13, 2013
I hear people on the CB talking about I got 100 birds or 500 birds can anyone tell me what's a bird is it another way of saying watts any information will be greatly appreciated thank you 73s from 84 in the bayou

Thanks for the input maybe it's just to let people know they have a bird watt meter not sure though I've only been on the radio about 2 years

You heard DX from New York City, they are talking about how many Birds
( pigeons) are on the top of their apartment building.

Fact is my buddies Bird and my Rat shack meter match up readings exactly. I'm going to start saying I'm doing 300 rats simply to be different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
Fact is my buddies Bird and my Rat shack meter match up readings exactly. I'm going to start saying I'm doing 300 rats simply to be different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

nice. but I'll go with rads. it sounds a little more baddass, we all know too many rads will kill you.

wikipedia.org said:
A dose of under 100 rad will typically produce no immediate symptoms other than blood changes. 100 to 200 rad delivered in less than a day will cause acute radiation syndrome, (ARS) but is usually not fatal. Doses of 200 to 1,000 rad delivered in a few hours will cause serious illness with poor outlook at the upper end of the range. Doses of more than 1,000 rad are almost invariably fatal.[2] The same dose given over a longer period of time is less likely to cause ARS. Dose thresholds are about 50% higher for dose rates of 20 rad/h, and even higher for lower dose rates.[3]

Radiation increases the risk of cancer and other stochastic effects at any dose. The International Commission on Radiological Protection maintains a model of these risks as a function of absorbed dose and other factors. That model calculates an effective radiation dose, measured units of rem, which is more representative of the stochastic risk than the absorbed dose in rad. In most power plant scenarios, where the radiation environment is dominated by gamma or x rays applied uniformly to the whole body, 1 rad of absorbed dose gives 1 rem of effective dose.[4] In other situations, the effective dose in rem might be thirty times higher or thousands of time lower than the absorbed dose in rad.

Reactions: 1 person
Hardcore CB'ers generally don't use the correct terminology for much.

Sure we do. Some synonyms for "much" that we hardcore CB'ers often use are: exceptionally, considerably, considerable, immeasurable, completeness, extravagant, exceedingly.

Except when we're enjoying "much" Tecate cerveza (beer) with Mexican food. Then we use "mucho."

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.