• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

input needed on getting a galaxy DX 979 with a k 203 amp

I do however get a kick out of hearing some of the stations (channel 6 on AM) n hearing what some of those guys are sounding like n keep telling myself I hope mine never gets to sounding the way that some not all of them do... its kinda comical because they are actually thinking they sound good.. if any of the radios I ever had sounded bad I always wanted someone to be honest with me n tell me that it sounded like $ H it or not. If it did I would fix it

Reactions: 1 person
Right now I am running the galaxy Dx 919 in my mobile running off of the k40's edition of the monkey made. Ihave talked 20+ miles away with it with good reports on the radio set up near n far. Running barefooted. At the moment!!

I have a Galaxy DX 979, I unlocked the clarifier and turned up the ssb alc. After it gets warmed up I have very little drift and I am very pleased with the radio. I don't yet have an amp to use with it as my big amp needs 100-125 watts to drive so I have no experience with it. I use it mobile with a base loaded trunk lip mount antenna with good results. I would buy the 979 again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio