• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

inside a wilson 5000 coil part 2

leaking coil

this is what i found when i unscrewed the coil.. it appears that water leaked right down through the coil and out the center pin. i will never buy another one of these...btw, it was one of the newest versions

Attachments

• 0503122311.jpg
    0503122311.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 0503122320.jpg
    0503122320.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 81
i soon might just switch over to the sirio.

I really want to try one aswell I was told once you try the Sirio you wont go back to Wilson I have used Wilson 1000 and 5000 since the mid 1990 after I was burning up K40 and other antennas so to be satisfied enough to throw the Wilsons on my (pile of antennas) would an amazing feet!! Although people swear by it ;)

I just picked up a van load of equipment yesterday again some still in packages and more fricken coil antennas and others ILL NEVR USE My wife just shook her head as we were loading the back of the Chevy Venture LMA:eek:!!

4 years with my wilson 5k and all well.

I mainly work dx (99% of the time)with it which is all dependent on conditions, however when I use it on AM on cb 19, it works real well too...great reports and talked with a driver 19 miles from me one time.

i guess i been lucky with it.

i think that you got lucky with it. if i remember right, shortly after you got yours is when barjan aquired the company, and well...the quality has been going down the tubes ever since. maybe this new owner will make some changes with it....time will tell.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.