• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Installing roger beep

Well I was given to me a roger beep it has only 4 wires power,ground and that leaves 2. Now I have never done any radio work before in my life and have been watching you tube to learn how to solder. I have been reading the instructions and it seemed very possible I could do this. I just need to find out what color wire does what on my 148GTL Malaysia aprox 1990 mic receptacle and I do plan to also install on/off. Any tips other than throw the roger beep in the garbage. With the skip coming in everyday local talk is rough. My Cobra 148GTL is my base radio.

Yes I know this post is over a year old, just came across it.

Should be a green wire that hooks to the tx side of the mic plug back, and a white that feeds into the audio line back of the mic plug.

Cut all the wires off the roger beep.....then throw it in a lockable trash receptacle those things are for astronuts......not us normal radio dudes.
Add a normal echo chamber with assortd whistles bells and dogs barkin. We normal dudes are not astronuts!! Leave that dangerus stuf to the astronuts....yahooooooo. Yahoooooo

Has anyone heard the crow sound effect yet? It comes over during skip(11 meters)conditions quite regularly. I got my own crow sound,well,duck sound. I learned to talk like Donald Duck at an early age but I can reshape it to sound like the raven on the Mad Max movie.

I had the same nowledge about astronuts and dangerus stuff over two year ago.i really feel younger!
Beepin and barkin, cussin and fartin all are dangerus stuff and only astronuts and some ham radio dudes are able to understand them things.DA di DA .....DA DA di DA

Yes I know this post is over a year old, just came across it.

Should be a green wire that hooks to the tx side of the mic plug back, and a white that feeds into the audio line back of the mic plug.
Thanks that helped me but I have an echo board and Rodger beep on a rebel 33x I changed mic jack because it was bad and put a side jack from a cobra 25. I can get one or other working but not both! Any help thanks

625ed7b1-fa3d-41ef-8761-afe13fc5b3bd_1.022e89682a10c0040cde7de6052ea7b6.jpeg

Thanks that helped me but I have an echo board and Rodger beep on a rebel 33x I changed mic jack because it was bad and put a side jack from a cobra 25. I can get one or other working but not both! Any help thanks
kopcicle has the best answer for your noise toy issue. Apply liberally and repeat as necessary.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated