• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Installing roger beep

kopcicle has the best answer for your noise toy issue. Apply liberally and repeat as necessary.

Hang in there, Tech.
I'm not a fan of roger beeps, echos and the such but would help you out if I had the know how. Maybe someone kind will come along.

When I first started transmitting on ham radio my 10 meter rig had a roger beep and I got chewed on for using beeping. I thought all hams used RB on SSB. WRONG!
Turns out some CB'ers don't either.

Anyways any chance to hate on stupid garbage that does not in anyway improve the functionality of a radio is not to be missed. I always feel like a jerk if I accidentally hit the factory built in rodger beep without knowing it. No one wants to hear that!!!

Wawjuh Bip: The Good Buddy Call
Like fog lights or driving lights on in the day time. They are fine for non verbal communications(do know that some modern trucks are all on). Almost better than the high beams to say it is OK to come on over. Please use them wisely. If you do not have an interrupt to give two blinks to say thank you two blinks from the hazzards/4 ways is also acceptable. I deeply appreciate road courtesy.r

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Isn't that what they call "Talk Back" ?
Getting off the subject,That 148 I picked up with the Radio Shack eq Franked to it,
(still dead as a door nail).
I picked up another one(148) to see what was removed /botched up
and to my luck it is a China model.This ones is 2 kc over everything.
Anyone know if I unlock the clarifier I can perhaps slide it back?Also will the old
148 gtl clarifier mod work on this gem?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.