• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Intereting Comparison of Modes

Dipole

Aug 22, 2014
Probably the best example comparing the most used modes I found this rather interesting to see the band widths and here the difference, now I can SEE why LSB is preferred to USB.

In a properly aligned radio USB and LSB are identical with neither offering an advantage over the other. The above example is a very poor example and should have used the exact same audio content for all modes especially USB and LSB. Because the audio was different it stands to reason that the waveform would be different.

That was always my belief too CK on SSB, but as you can see I was doubting myself as I sometimes do. Thanks for reassuring me that I was origionaly correct in my thinking. 73's

Since USB and LSB are mirror images it only stands to reason that they are identical. Operating on a crowded band one or the other may have an advantage but that is only determined by proximity to an interfering signal. You would want to operate on the sideband that places you further from the interference. Other than that neither is superior.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.