• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interface Connections

Cigar1man

Aug 27, 2021
Finally I have an amp and power supply. A little confused on how to connect everything together. Below is how I have everything inline. I believe this is correct.
Questions, suggestions, any errors?

1. Transceiver TX connected to the "in" on amp.
2. SWR meter connected to the transceiver
3. SWR meter connected to the tuner
4. Tuner connected to the "out" on the amp.
5. Amp is connected to the 48 volt - 20 amp power supply
6. The tuner and transceiver connected to the 13.8 volt power supply

Cigar1man

Reactions: AudioShockwav

Finally I have an amp and power supply. A little confused on how to connect everything together. Below is how I have everything inline. I believe this is correct.
Questions, suggestions, any errors?

1. Transceiver TX connected to the "in" on amp.
2. SWR meter connected to the transceiver
3. SWR meter connected to the tuner
4. Tuner connected to the "out" on the amp.
5. Amp is connected to the 48 volt - 20 amp power supply
6. The tuner and transceiver connected to the 13.8 volt power supply

Cigar1man
Oh man, first thing is please don't power anything on!! 48 volts is going to cook it all unless that's a typo..... Hopefully it is

Oh man, first thing is please don't power anything on!! 48 volts is going to cook it all unless that's a typo..... Hopefully it is

Depends on what he has for an amp. Some are LDMOS and require 48 volts. I have an amp for 6m that uses MRF-151G devices and requires 50 volts for normal operation.

You need relay control from Xcvr to amp

Please identify:
Transceiver brand/model
Tuner brand/model
Amplifier brand/model
Watt/SWR meter(s)..brand/model
Antennas being used

Kenwood TS 590 SG
LDG AT-1000 PROII Autotuner
MFJ 880 SWR Meter
EMB 600 watt amp
Mean Well 48v 20a power supply for the amp
Pyramid PSV 500 12-15 volt power supply for the radio/swr meter/autotuner
Alpha FMJ and Hustler 5-Btv vertical antennas. Once I get my Diamond W 80-10 dipole SWR straight I will probably this one as well.

Forgot to mention the EMB amp has a PTT jack from the 7 din pin in the back of the TS 590 SG transceiver. I was told this is how the radio is identified by the amp

It is heck (LL) to be unlearned about certain things and trying to get everything connected and it just isn't working. I am missing a step somewhere with my SWR meter. According to the instructions I received I should connect everything as follows:
1. Kenwood transceiver to the "in" on the amp. Now I do not have no tuner or SWR meter connected the transceiver.
2. I have the swr meter connected to the LDG AT-1000 PROii.
3. The antenna is connected to swr meter..
4. The tuner is connected to amp in the "out" position.
5. The 7 din pin coming out of the radio is connected to amp with a large RCA jack as per the manufacturer so the amp will recognize the transmission.
6. The Mean Well 48v 20a power supply is connected only to the 600 watt amp.
7. The amp, transceiver, tuner, and the MFJ -880 swr meter are all connected to the Pyramid PSV 500 for the 13.8v system.
I have not turned the amp yet, but when I key the mic bypassing the amp on the tuner I do not get any reading on the swr meter. I know the swr meter works as I have tested it connected direct to the transceiver. I will be using only the Hustler 5-Btv 5 band until I can my Diamond dipole W-8010 swr inline.

Can anyone tell me what step or steps where I have made an error?

Cigar1man

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.