• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interview

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
98441070_10219815447609438_6027421966355398656_n.jpg

About as bad as walking into a "Schwinn Cyclery Center" ...

"...Training Wheels not supplied - may be purchased as a separate accessory - sold separately..."

He's lucky they supplied the tool needed to put it together....

Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
About as bad as walking into a "Schwinn Cyclery Center" ...

"...Training Wheels not supplied - may be purchased as a separate accessory - sold separately..."

He's lucky they supplied the tool needed to put it together....
yes sir

Reactions: NZ8N
Schwinns were great. Truly great.

I would agree, but it seems the "Pacific Rim" has taken over the Cyclists realm too.

Went to a local store similar to Walmart - and asked about getting parts for my bike to ride this year.

Asked about tires, rims - service - all they said was "No" - "Sorry we don't have the staff qualified to put these together - we hire a separate contractor to build them." Asking further I got - "Due to liability - we hired out to these contractors to put them together so if they were ever assembled wrong we wouldn't be held responsible for the incorrect assembly of the bikes - kids can and do get hurt. We just can't put them together. We have about 50 cartons of these and get some more in nearly every day but we can't put them together for contractual reasons. We're clerks not assemblers."

So as Covid is, so Schwinn goes...

Find a LBS(local bike shop) and purchase there. Better bikes, service and your helping a small business.

I know where you're coming from, many of them around here have opened but are limited in hours staff and inventory - which I why I went looking (shopping doesn't qualify - I wasted my time) while others have simply folded up - because of the inventory they have is based out of...where Covid came in ... (Imported)

The Bikes? Well, they get assembled but as I found out later, there is a waiting list at that store for them.

The markup they put on them now is ridiculous...no parts, saved to the bikes they assemble and service.

Was it the "Discount Tire" receipt I accidentally left out on the desk? (Again)
yes, like wal mart opps china mart raise prices 36% have big sale lower prices 14% then after sale price em normal.
Remember the more you buy creats huge sale

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.