• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Inverted L EFHW 8010 ?..

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
You guys who is running a EFHW 8010 wire antenna, as a inverted L shape, what did u use to protect the wire as it goes up from the transformer side to make the turn at the top and runs horizontal cross the rest of the way?......

Also, what length did you end up going with on your EF ?....

You guys who is running a EFHW 8010 wire antenna, as a inverted L shape, what did u use to protect the wire as it goes up from the transformer side to make the turn at the top and runs horizontal cross the rest of the way?......

Also, what length did you end up going with on your EF ?....

Hunh?? Protect the wire? What are you talking about? My wire is insulated now, but my previous one was not. Makes no difference anyway. My wire goes basically straight up from the transformer to an egg insulator where it is free to slide inside of and then continues horizontally to the far end. I have a halyard off my tower about 8 feet away connected to the other end of that egg insulator.

20200831_151707.jpg
j
20200831_161952.jpg

You can see the wire in the bottom image as it goes up and over to the mast at the far end. Total length was somewhere around 135 feet, maybe a little less. Basically a half wave at 80m. You can play with length slightly to move your resonance points.

Reactions: binrat and Oatmeal
Some people have their stuff so neat I almost want to puke... :sick:;)

LOL You don't see what is behind those two buildings. The one on the left is my shop for doing "stuff" the other just storage for the ride on mower and ATV both of which I plan to sell. I need more room for "stuff". LOL The lawn is pathetic but looks pretty decent from a distance once freshly mowed but if you want to think it all looks neat go ahead. I would like it if you could let my wife know as well. LOL She has a different opinion.

Reactions: HomerBB
Lol
Homer, he is not showing us the before picture when he did not have the JD mower .....

Looks good Captain.

Jeff

Jeesh.......The backyard looked better before Johnnie was purchased. Getting around there in 4-wheel drive tends to tear up what little grass is there. The trees out in front along the road have scars on the lower limbs from the roll-over protection rack. Going from a Sears Craftsman 25hp lawn mower to a JD 1025R 25hp sub-compact tractor takes a bit of getting used too. LOL It's a LOT bigger and higher. The driveway looks better however. The load of new class A gravel levelled out nicely, and I rolled it with a homemade roller made from a hot water heater inner tank full of cement.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.