• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Iraqi Amateur Radio License

KI4MSJ

Jun 4, 2006
Staunton, Virginia
Well, found out that sometime between Aug 08 and March 09 heading to Iraq. Maybe sooner but, for sure between those dates. Contacted Diya, who is the President of the Iraqi Amateur Radio Club and applied fpr my License to operate from there. I will hold YI9MSJ. It will be good for atleast a year. Found this to be very interesting and thought I wpuld share. They operate under the IARU-R1 band plan. The trick will be taking my FT 897 Portable package but, was told it shouldn't be to much of a problem

KI4MSJ once your set up maybe you could post a sked for those from WWRF........that would be cool. My son has just enlisted with Army Rangers Airborne Commspec for 6 years........crazier than his old man. Anyway thanks for your service and hope to here you on HF.

73,CDX-288

KI4MSJ said:
Well, found out that sometime between Aug 08 and March 09 heading to Iraq. Maybe sooner but, for sure between those dates. Contacted Diya, who is the President of the Iraqi Amateur Radio Club and applied fpr my License to operate from there. I will hold YI9MSJ. It will be good for atleast a year. Found this to be very interesting and thought I wpuld share. They operate under the IARU-R1 band plan. The trick will be taking my FT 897 Portable package but, was told it shouldn't be to much of a problem
As Novator said, thanks for your service to our country. Hopefully you can make some good QSO's while portable!

Well, I'm hoping the YI prefix will help draw some attention to the call. Hopefully by then, the cycle will have come up some and contacts to the middle east will be more open. I will have my laptop and will post a sked, when I start operating. Thanks for the KUDOS
SGT
266th Military Police

radio

Tnx for your service.
Radio I talk to IRAQ via QSONET.COM<keep it in mind>, one of the chaps are on a few days a week. <QSONET.COM > and they have some rf outlets on 29 meg band on it now on links.

DOCTOR/795 <AIR FORCE RETIRED> :D

Thanks for your service KI4MSJ, I wish you all the best and be safe. My Son is in the Airforce and is a crew chief on the C-130s and will be going over in Jan. We are proud of him and all our Men and Women serving.

Roger

Doctor,
Registered for CQ100 but, for some reason I have to wait for 5 days to get on. Doug said that I paid with a check but it should have come off my credit card through Paypal. Oh well, maybe I'll talk to you in a few days

Thanks guys for all the kind words. It is always good to hear these types of comments, especially in a world where it is all about ourselves. What happened to the Patriotism of the past? There was a time when soldiers were honored for there service. Today, it just seems as though nobody cares. I don't know how things have gotten so messed up in this Country. And now to take "In God we trust" off the new $1.00 coin. It has become a society of Panzy A**,Self serving youngsters with no respect for themselves or the Peers. What kind of world do we live in when you have to worry about what you say so that you don't affend anyone, or worry about being sued. A country that gives more rights and funds to Illegal Imigrants but, allows our own people to starve or deny them services. I can't imagine what it will be like for me kids as adults or my Grand-children for that matter. There was a time that when you came to this Country, you had to take English. now we have to write everthing in Spanish and they don't even have to learn English, we have to learn Spanish. Just listen to an automated answering machine some day, you have to press one to hear it in English, not press one if you want to hear it in Spanish. If you don't press one, it goes automaticly to Spanish. Oh my God! I better stop now before I go into a three page rant. But, you get what I mean. I'm sure. No let me clear things up. I am no predjudice, nor do I dislike Immigrants but, I do believe that if you come to my Country, you better learn to speak MY language. Also became a viable asset to the system, not just take. Be proud to be an American. Nuff' said

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.