• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IS CB REALLY DYING OUT ???

Depends on your location , alive and well in NC. usually atleast one channel used everywhere i have lived by the locals on base in the evening .

CB is alive and well in the swamps of Christmas, Florida. Not as much as it was years ago but hell we still don't have cable out here. So when it rains and the satellite goes out got to have a CB to pass the time, lol.<can not stand it>

CB is alive and well in the swamps of Christmas, Florida. Not as much as it was years ago but hell we still don't have cable out here. So when it rains and the satellite goes out got to have a CB to pass the time, lol.<can not stand it>
Isn't that close to Orlando? How many locals do you have down there?

Reactions: 1 person
The cb threads on this site have double the people viewing at any given time . I keep noticing every time i get on the site that the CB related forums have way more viewers at al times . just an observation about this site .

Showing the active viewers is a pretty cool forum option i like . lets you know where the majority of the members spend their time as far as different forums .

Cb is very much alive in my area , I actually wish there were more people on the ham bands (vhf and uhf) due to the fact we have repeaters and the radios are more dependable as well dual band radios are pretty good quality as far as audio and general design.

The cb threads on this site have double the people viewing at any given time . I keep noticing every time i get on the site that the CB related forums have way more viewers at al times . just an observation about this site .

Showing the active viewers is a pretty cool forum option i like . lets you know where the majority of the members spend their time as far as different forums .

Cb is very much alive in my area , I actually wish there were more people on the ham bands (vhf and uhf) due to the fact we have repeaters and the radios are more dependable as well dual band radios are pretty good quality as far as audio and general design.
Good point! Of course Ham operation requires studying for the test an obtaining a license, whereas just about anyone can get on CB in only a matter of minutes. Also, a lot more people know about CB radio due to its enormous popularity in the recent past.

Isn't that close to Orlando? How many locals do you have down there?
Christmas is around 20 miles east of Orlando and borders the Saint Johns River. We have a lot of locals out here that use CB for just shooting the breeze, hunting, farm use, etc. I hear a lot of use during hunting season as the Tosohatchee Wildlife Management area is located in Christmas. Also were I am located I am near the Chuluota Wildlife area and most of the land around my property has been purchased by the State Preserve as this area is a flood plane area and drains into the Saint Johns River. Many years ago Christmas had a volunteer fire department and they used CB for there communication as everyone lived within the area.

Tosohatchee Wildlife Management Area

Christmas is around 20 miles east of Orlando and borders the Saint Johns River. We have a lot of locals out here that use CB for just shooting the breeze, hunting, farm use, etc. I hear a lot of use during hunting season as the Tosohatchee Wildlife Management area is located in Christmas. Also were I am located I am near the Chuluota Wildlife area and most of the land around my property has been purchased by the State Preserve as this area is a flood plane area and drains into the Saint Johns River. Many years ago Christmas had a volunteer fire department and they used CB for there communication as everyone lived within the area.

Tosohatchee Wildlife Management Area
Interesting! Could be be a good area for old time CBers to retire.

Reactions: 2 people
Good point! Of course Ham operation requires studying for the test an obtaining a license, whereas just about anyone can get on CB in only a matter of minutes. Also, a lot more people know about CB radio due to its enormous popularity in the recent past.

if truckers knew how nice the and dependable 2 meter rigs were i think there would be many more hams and radio sales woulde soar

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.