• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it just me?

Nov 5, 2006
timbuck 2
Seems like on this web site some of the pages come up wider than my screen, and I have to pan left, and right to read some posts. It only happens on this site so it seems like it's probably the site. I'm wondering if it's just me. And is there somthing I can change to avoid this.
Thanks

where images are not involved the default wordwrap setting is too high. that setting can only be changed in the admin control panel.

individual users can control the wrap
by using the return key and limiting
the length of the wrap themselves.

Last edited:
I don't know of a "wordwrap" setting.

Do you have your text size set higher than "medium"? In Internet Explorer, go to "View", then "text size" to check it. Also, what size display are you using? I've checked the site on all kinds of displays and haven't seen this problem. Can you take a print screen and post it so we can see what you're seeing? It shouldn't be hard to correct, but it would be helpful to know what you're seeing.

Last edited:
Easy solution just increase you screen resolution

Right click desktop>Properties

Under the settings tab, bottom left side is a box with a resolution, most of the time defualt is 800x600 32 bits.

Increase this setting until desired . note for crt monitors try to keep a 4:1 aspect ratio thus 1024x768 should be adequate. if not then set to 1280x1024. hope this helps.

For starters if you have an Nvidia video card and depending on what kind of monitor you are using you should in most case be able to use at least 1280x1024 unless its some old arsed 13 inch crt from back in the early 90's lol

For starters make sure your video drivers are up to date,

Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies

Advanced Micro Devices Inc.

For nvidia card right click desktop>start nvidia control panel
on the left side you will see a column in the display section click on manage custom resolution in the box that appears click on create custom resolution and enter 1280 in horizontal box and 1024 in vertical box with the refresh rate at 60 hz and 32 bits per pixel, click on test and a dialogue box will prompt you of the screen test. if your resolution test pass you will be prompted with another dialogue box, click yes.

You should now be able to select your custom resolution from the Change resolution section of Display column with the slider bar.

Hope this helps you fix your problem.

Sickpuppy.

It is not just you, I have the same issue. The help and forum pages are just fine but the rest of them I have to do the same thing pictures or not. Other forums I am on if someone puts up a big picture I have to scroll left and right but otherwise not. If I change screen resolution to avoid then the text is too small to read easily.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.