• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it legal to ship CB to Canada?

undecidedcallsign

Nov 3, 2013
I listed a CB on ebay and did not realize you now have to opt out of "global shipping" A guy from Canada has bid on my item. Is it OK to ship it to him if he wins?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I listed a CB on ebay and did not realize you now have to opt out of "global shipping"
Yes, all US based eBay sellers, please DESELECT the global shipping program. We have to pay 25-100% more for shipping costs compared to using USPS. And thank you for including Canada in your auctions ... there is really no problem shipping to Canada. We realize shipping will be higher and will pay. Although, we do not like getting it from behind with the "global shipping program" option of eBay's.

No one ever said it would you can't ship to Canada I was only ask if you can ship to Canada as I have very little experience with shipping outside US and with all the weird trade laws I wasn't sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My son lives in Montreal Canada, and I send him stuff all the time...I know on letters, the cost is double what it is here sending a letter from State to State, and they go by the weight so I figure packages to be close to double also...If not double, pretty darn close...Plus allow for twice as long to get there...And being the silly-season right now, if you was to mail a package today, you would be lucky if it makes it there before 1st of the year by the time it clears Customs.

I have to be stroked and groomed before I ship anything to Canada.

Seems like every time I do, something always causes an issue.

I agree, I finally stopped shipping to Canada after two items were held up in customs for about a week. Then the buyer is bitching & complaining about slow shipping. Not my fault and not worth the trouble. And JDD is correct, shipping is on the average double what it cost in the states.

I once sold an FT-817 to a Canadian ham. Unbeknownst to me, the twit sent cash. Well, of course his letter took forever to arrive. After several weeks, he started thinking I ripped him off. He wrote and said his brother in law cop was going to swing by my post office.

He also said he called the post master and was told I got his letter. He was bluffing, cause small town = me knowing everybody. I finally got his letter with payment and shipped his rig out.

Don't send cash...

I agree, I finally stopped shipping to Canada after two items were held up in customs for about a week. Then the buyer is bitching & complaining about slow shipping. Not my fault and not worth the trouble. And JDD is correct, shipping is on the average double what it cost in the states.
Personally, I factor that screening into the time it takes. Canada Customs is getting better but still takes awhile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.