• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it possible to use....

Sickpuppy22

Nov 24, 2008
Montreal,Quebec.Canada
A Graphic Equalizer Booster from a car stereo With a Cb?

Now for what i was thinking was using a GEQ and rigging a microphone's Tx/audio line to run into the input section of the GEQ and then using the output end to connect back to the mic jack. I know this sounds preposterous,but is it doable?

The spec on the Eq are as follow's

Power output 25watts rms MAX/ch

Frequency Respone 15-40,000Hz

Speaker Impedance 4 Ohm Min/ch

Input sensitivity 3.2V Impedance 22 Ohm

It's a 7 band with 60Hz 160hz 400Hz 1KHz 2.5KHz 6KHz 12 KHz.

Let me know what you think and if it is possible what are the Pro's and Con's to using A GEQ through the mic?

Sickpuppy

Last edited:

The output (speaker level) of the GEQ is MUCH too high for input into a mic jack.

Even something at line level is probably going to need to be attenuated to a certain degree.

How would you go about it ButtFuzz? a large cap soldered in series?

A Potentiometer maybe?

I ask this for the fact that I would like to be able to adjust the Audio for Better fidelity without comprimising modulation or doing an NPC mod.

Also i want to see /hear the difference in audio response from a stock 29 ltd and my HD 29 Ltd that i got from Moleculo, which had the high power mod done to it.

Sickpuppy

Can it be done? Yes. Is it easily done? No. 'B.F.' has it mainly, adjusting output/input levels will be much 'fun'! Will it make a difference, even in a stock radio? Yes. Is it going to be worth it? Hmm, good question. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be as fabulous as might be expected, that stock radio pobably doesn't have the frequency response range to take advantage of even 'half' of the possibilities of using an 'EQ'. It wouldn't be worth it to me, but then, I'm happy if I can be understood, don't care about all that 'great' 2Hz to 50Khz audio. Give it a shot, who knows?
- 'Doc

Thanks Doc,
I was looking through the cobra high power mod and noticed that step 9: change C37, and C68 to a .2 monolythic (this changes the A.F.
response on TX), so in essence it has a lower freq response correct?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.