• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is RCI Shipping E Chips In Radio Boxes?

the manufacturer ships all radios with the E chip in the box. double check with the seller before you buy. some sellers like to rip people off by taking them out and selling them separately back to the buyer.

I purchased several radios from h&y back when they were booming and never had an issue with them. I did always request a stock radio too though.

The Galaxy refurb madness days circa 2005, I aquired a 66v, 88hl and 99v for great prices. Back then the refurbs looked like a brand new one minus defects because they'd been gone through a second time, and the price was well below the normal new price.

Sure wish I still had those radios....

I have order from Copper. It had the chip in the box. I just told them I wanted it stock. Never have them do anything. They just turn all pots to the max.

I purchased several radios from h&y back when they were booming and never had an issue with them. I did always request a stock radio too though.

The Galaxy refurb madness days circa 2005, I aquired a 66v, 88hl and 99v for great prices. Back then the refurbs looked like a brand new one minus defects because they'd been gone through a second time, and the price was well below the normal new price.

Sure wish I still had those radios....
What they did years ago at least was try to get you to pay extra for the "tune and conversion". And I get that, most every shop does this. Their angle was if you wanted just the radio they would open the box and remove the e chip. This was just for RCI radio's. I used to say as far as tech work I wouldn't want them to touch my toaster much less a radio.

What they did years ago at least was try to get you to pay extra for the "tune and conversion". And I get that, most every shop does this. Their angle was if you wanted just the radio they would open the box and remove the e chip. This was just for RCI radio's. I used to say as far as tech work I wouldn't want them to touch my toaster much less a radio.
yeah thats how you run a business."if you dont purchase extra unnecessary services for your product, we will open the box and steal parts and pieces from it and send you the rest". ridiculous and probably illegal in some respect.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.