• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

is the Galaxy 95T2 worth buying for 11 meter use?

biz

Dec 16, 2009
im thinking about buying one from Sparkys.....

I want a powerfull setup for 11 meter.... and i know different radios have diferent strengths.

Looking at other threads about "the best 10 meter radio" the 95t2 was only listed by one person i think.

i just wanted to make sure i wasnt making a mistake buying this radio.

I like having a million different functions.

Its a tossup between that and the 4600 turbo.

I will be hooking it up to a predator 10k.

any thoughts?

yea i saw your post.

sounds like a great deal but.... my question still wasnt answered.

is the full power of this radio enabled only on USB and LSB?

also you really need to set up a paypal account.

its super fast and easy and most people will not make a purchase by money order or western union.

lots of people have gotten screwed doing that.

The radio swings up to 150-170 watts on AM. Don't let anyone tell you that it can do more - safely.

I can understand that PayPal might be easier. But it also takes a cut out. Send me a US Postal money order and I will also insure the shipment. I won't send anything w/o it. I sold a Ranger AR-3500/100 watt radio to 'Drenalin' (a member) with insurance - and split the cost of shipping. He paid with a US Postal money order. That deal worked perfect; same goes with this deal. I ship it the same day I get the money order. (I am an Administrator now; I would think that it lends me some credibility.)

im thinking about buying one from Sparkys.....

I want a powerfull setup for 11 meter.... and i know different radios have diferent strengths.

Looking at other threads about "the best 10 meter radio" the 95t2 was only listed by one person i think.

i just wanted to make sure i wasnt making a mistake buying this radio.

I like having a million different functions.

Its a tossup between that and the 4600 turbo.

I will be hooking it up to a predator 10k.

any thoughts?

the 95t is great radio, i worked on many of them ... tuned right you will not have a problem ,,, don't dead key more than 50 watts .. let the amp do the work ..... goodluck

ahh i wasnt aware of the cut paypal takes.

but anyways i wasnt sure if there was a better radio for 11 meter use.

I want something with plenty of power and all the options....

I wasnt sure if the RCI - 63FFC4 would be better claiming much higher wattages. I know they cost more.

I will mostly be using whatever radio i buy for 11 meter use...... not on ssb.

im looking for a very powerfull radio with all the gadgets. if its got SSB ... thats cool too.. but its not super important.

I will mostly be using whatever radio i buy for 11 meter use...... not on ssb.

im looking for a very powerfull radio with all the gadgets. if its got SSB ... thats cool too.. but its not super important.

I thought this radio did very well on SSB - IMO.
Receive and transmit were both loud and clear - without a doubt.

So Rob would you say that radio is in mint condition?

on a scale of 1-10 its a 10?

no scratches, dents, wear marks?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.