• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this a Golden Falcon???

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
Sorry,i cant upload pics. Moving and almost everything is packed away.

The amp is gold in color. Has 4 tuning knobs on it. From the right to left the knobs are marked.....Coupling,plate,antenna and plate. It also has 2 knobs above the tuning knobs marked driver and final band switch but they are not hooked up. On each side of the amp,under the tuning knobs it has 2 meters both marked as a relative output meters. On the bottom of the amp it has 4 switches in between the meters for on/off,stand by/operate,high/low,and AM/SSB.

I was told this is a 10 tube Golden Falcon. It has 1 driving 3 driving 6 ( 6 are in a cluster on the left side of the amp ) but i cant remember the tubes that are in it. With around 7 watts of drive i am seeing right at 1300 watts pep from it.

I just got the amp over a few days ago after it was checked out with a clean bill of health and 3 new tubes,all other tested 90% or better.

Can anyone tell me anything about it and who made the amp? Thanks!

The amp was built by Anderson in the early 1980's, it has (probably) 8908 tubes; does yours have an external transformer?

Golden Falcon Amp

It's actually the model 1000. I have one exactly like it. It's the later model unit with only 4 tuning knobs on the front panel. The original had 6 tuning caps of the faceplate and had 2 meters. I get about the same output with mine. I use 3 Palomar 300A HV Transformers because the original Transformer didn't come with the RF Deck. I see about 650 Key Down and 1350ish PEP on AM with a Dak Mark X Driving it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.