• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is trust in a person's statements freely given or earned? Share your thoughts..

Is respect to be freely given, or is it earned?

• Freely Given.. no proof of merit required.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Earned.. Proof of merit required.

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
When I talk to someone face-to-face, I can look at him (or her) in the eye and pretty much tell if he (or she) is bullshitting me or not. On the 'net, that's not possible. So ....... many times, I will post something stupid just to see what people will say. Typically, the self-appointed know-it-alls will show their stupidity and their asses.

In person, maybe I'm naive, but I tend to trust someone until they prove otherwise. I don't know if this is the best way, but it's worked for me.

I trust no one completely and give them every opportunity to prove themselves worthy of my trust.

Not bad natured, just cautious.

In regards to forum posts, I tend to take people at their word unless they make some sort of outrageous claim or ridiculous post. As time goes by it becomes readily apparent who would do well to ride the river with and who you would probably throw out of the boat.

Conversely, people that are quick to assault another persons character without any facts in evidence on a forum, show themselves for what they are....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.