• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It looks like old school super star 3900s are available

They have the Alinco DX10 too. Everything is in stock and the lowest prices I have seen around. I believe that they are legit, but have never bought from them. I just checked my book marks, and I have looked at them before. I think they changed the color or layout or something. One of the members here recommended them, but I can't remember who. Maybe they will chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brother DXer
I have been looking at these for a month or so now It seems too good to be true

It looks like the ranger made classic, maybe a distributor in Europe has them.
You may want to have a look at the Anytone Ares II or, Radioddity QT-40. Much better than the SS-3900

Reactions: BC Coyote
You may want to have a look at the Anytone Ares II or, Radioddity QT-40. Much better than the SS-3900
I work on radios every day for a living and while I like the features of the areas II and the like but I do not find the digitally processed sound pleasing to my ears. I would rather work on my person radio with a soldering Iron and a gc alignment tool than a usb cable and service menus. Just a personal taste thing.
I know all the trouble spots than need extra solder and I know how to operate the clarifer and find these radios stable enough for my ssb dx and local contacts. Channel selectors operate trouble free much longer than most rotary encoders I have seen and give the operator positive feedback

Now If someone here could come up with a proper npc mod for the areas II and the service menu settings so that It doesn't look under modulated with "npc" mode off or trashy with so called "npc" mode on I may decide to bring one home from work.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
They have the Alinco DX10 too. Everything is in stock and the lowest prices I have seen around. I believe that they are legit, but have never bought from them. I just checked my book marks, and I have looked at them before. I think they changed the color or layout or something. One of the members here recommended them, but I can't remember who. Maybe they will chime in.
You may have seen me recommend them. I've bought multiple times and never have had an issue. They recently updated their site so is possibly why it looks different.
As far as pricing, I've found them below price of everyone else on a lot of things. The q6 is one they've always sold at a lesser price just to give an example.

I've never bought any of their tunes or conversions so no comment on that part.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.