• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It never ends.

BigLou

May 15, 2018
SW FL.
I am looking for a MFJ 949E A/T [USED ]. I think a a/t in line with my new 2970n3 is a good idea. I dont have a bad swr 1.1 to 1.3 but even that may be to much for this radio. Thank to all.

Thanks 999 i think i will keep on looking for a 949E the E has higher rated variable capacitors than the C, its a big deal when you can do 300 watts. Thanks for your time

Reactions: 999
I am looking for a MFJ 949E A/T [USED ]. I think a a/t in line with my new 2970n3 is a good idea. I dont have a bad swr 1.1 to 1.3 but even that may be to much for this radio. Thank to all.
Keep in mind that the bandwidth through the tuner will be less that what you see direct. That means you probably won't be able to go from where you have a 1.3:1, to a 1.1:1, without readjusting the tuner. There is also a strong likelihood that when adjusting the tuner, you could easily exceed the maximum 1.3:1 VSWR you see now. One mistake with the tuner setting, may create the very problem you are trying to avoid.

Shockwave its not the best way to go I no! 1.1 all the way is best way I just can't get up on the roof at this time. I was looking over all the MFJ line and I saw this manual, A/T the MFJ 909. Has any one you know ever used one? If yes, how did it work? Thanks for all for the help I get from the guys on this forum, it helps a lot.

Reactions: Slowmover
I made the jump i ordered the MFJ 991B auto A/T its more than the 949E, and will work for what i have to do and more. My thanks to all.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?