• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's coming along.....

RT431

In the swamp
Dec 2, 2018
Nebraska
Well, it's almost done. Carpet laid, most of the paint is done and the tv hung. Rerouted the coax and rotor cable. As soon as I get the the cabinet back together I'll be back on the air.
IMG_20220118_122541649_MP.jpg

She's gonna love it.

Nice job! If it works out I envy you :D

Crawdad is right!!! My radio room / her pantry is now 96.9% her pantry. I can barely even get to my radio now! Funny how that works out (n) I'm now considering building a shack in my shop, and yes if anyone is wondering she is slowly invading that space
Show me a man that claims he's the king of his domain, and I'll show you a liar!
Here's a perfect example. When I worked at a manufacturing company, we got paid on Thursday right before lunch. All the wives would be lined up in their vehicles just like the grade school to pick up the paycheck. Several of us were talking about it this one payday, and ol Clifford went on a rant about how his wife knew better than to show up to get his paycheck!!! As he was on his soapbox a vehicle pulled up behind him and stopped, when he finished I asked, Clifford does your wife drive a white Durango? He said yes, why do you ask? And I said, well, turn around big boy your wife's her to pick up her paycheck! He sheepishly turned around, hung his head, and walked over to hand her the paycheck that she KNEW BETTER than to ever come for. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We all had a good laugh over that, even ol Clifford laughed!!

Last edited:
Had a rental house several years back, with the Tower / Moonracker and a ground plane antenna, I needed a access place for the coax and rotor wires. The wires running thru a opened window looked too Red Neck. I was told.

A 2 inch pipe nipple 10 inches long, and a cap on one end, with Mr Sledge Hammer opened up a nice hole allowing easy install and removal of all the said wiring plus room for more wiring. A rag was used to keep out the cold cold wind and bugs.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

I found a pic of an old ant setup I had
A 25g 40' tower with a MaCo 3 element and a99. The rotor was an Alliance HD73-1. Worked very well. I consider it one of the best antenna setup I had. Wish had a pic of the radio setup.
Kenwood TS 440SAT with matching speaker and the MC60 mic. I had many compliments on my station.
IMG_20220125_100742698_MP.jpg

Well, it's almost done. Carpet laid, most of the paint is done and the tv hung. Rerouted the coax and rotor cable. As soon as I get the the cabinet back together I'll be back on the air.
View attachment 49867
get your floor tile from lowes? i just laid 250 squares of same looking tiles in my house.great looking too. your doing very good, some said carpet but that looks just like my tile

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated